Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to Spencer and my Dad! Two wonderful, wonderful men in my life! We are spending the day around the house. Spencer has a lot of work to do on his presentation that is next week and I have a lot of packing to do. I made Spencer breakfast this morning and Ella Ann gave him his present, which was a plate we painted at Wired & Fired last week. It is a flower with Ella Ann's hand prints as the petals and Rane's two foot prints are the leaves on the stem. I should have taken a picture of it but forgot. Ella Ann, of course, had to do her hands in pink so it is very, very light and doesn't look as good as I wanted it to but such are projects with a 3 1/2 year old! Spencer loved and appreciated it so that's all that matters, right? :) Spencer is always harping on me to have a Sunday lunch because that's what his mom always did growing up. I have never done a Sunday lunch....just not my thing to rush home and have a big meal on the table. Well today I treated Spencer to a Sunday lunch....well a little on the burnt side of a Sunday lunch! I cooked some chicken in the crock and had mashed potatoes, grilled veggies and bread but my chicken got a little over cooked because I cooked it on high while we were at church. It was still pretty good, though.....it's hard to mess up a meal in a crock pot.

Here are a few pictures we tried to snap of Spencer being the perfect father that he is today!!! You can see we tried.......




I think this one is my fav! :)




Ella Ann spread out her bobbie yesterday on the couch and wanted Rane to lay on it with her. She also kept showing him her nasty, dingy, matted, brown-that-used-to-be-white horsey. Yuck! Of course he still wanted to chew on that grossness! :)




No comments: