Friday, September 12, 2008

Funnies

Even though Ella Ann has been so sick recently and has now entered another phase of acting like a complete maniac with her tantrums, whining, and crying, she has managed to crank out quite a few funny things!

Ella Ann is now, for the most part, self-sufficient when going to the bathroom. The only thing I have to do is hand her toilet paper. The other day she yelled for me saying, "I'm done!" I was in another room so I said, "Hold on, I'll be right there." She responded, "Okay Mommy, but I can't sit here forever!!"

"Ella Ann, where are you going?" I asked her this morning as she was putting on her shoes and jewelry. She responded, "I'm going to work." I asked her where she worked and she said, "I'm going to the hospital to see Daddy, that's where I work."

She was playing in her kitchen this morning while talking to herself and to me she says, "Ohhh! This milk is empty! I better go recycle it." Ahhhh...she's learning how to be a good steward and taking care of the earth we've been given! Yeay!

We often play with her baby dolls and I put two chairs one behind the other and we pretend it's a car by using a Frisbee as the steering wheel and her set of keys. Yesterday we were going to Mimi and Grandpa's house in our pretend car but Ella Ann said we needed to stop at Kroger and get some yogurt. Once back in the car she handed me my yogurt so naturally I played along and pretended to start eating it. All of the sudden she turned around and yelled, "No! You can't eat yogurt now we are in the car! Put that down! You have to wait until we get to Mimi and Grandpa's house!!!" Well I sure won't forget that next time!

We were playing catch with her ball this morning when out of the blue she says to me, "Mommy, you are such-a-pretty-little-girl!" Awwwww! Too bad in the same breath she says, "Mommy, your belly is getting SO BIG!" Really? I didn't notice!

"Mommy, when I get bigger (on a side note she says "when I get bigger" for everything now) I will have a baby in my belly." I was thinking how cute she is at that moment! So I said to her, "Of course you will! When you get big like Mommy, you will marry a wonderful man just like your Daddy and you will have a baby in your belly after that." She had a grin from ear to ear and said, "Ohhh yes!"

Well that's all I can think of for now. I laugh at her all the time but unfortunately I cannot remember all the funny things she says to us.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

She is so funny!! I can just see her saying all those things! Hope you all have a good weekend!
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

I haven't even seen her since she was just a tiny little thing, but I love her little stories! I even told my husband that story you told once about her sitting on the potty, when you said "you stink" and she said "yes. yes i do" that was so sweet and funny and so 2-yr-old to not be at all offended and agree with you! Thanks for sharing these!