Monday, September 08, 2008

First School Day

Today was Ella Ann's first day of preschool, since we missed her first week last week. The day started off disastrous because she woke up very tired (another story) and was crying, throwing tantrums, and asking to go back to bed. Not good. On the way to school I talked it up, as I have been for the past week, and she got a little excited. We walked into the school with her crying because I made her leave her bunny in the car so she wouldn't stand and suck her thumb for 3 hours while everyone else played. As soon as we got into her classroom the tears stopped! She met her teachers, Miss Jennifer and Miss Lynn, and two other little kids that were already there which seemed to cheer her. After speaking with her teachers for a few minutes I told Ella Ann it was time for me to go so she gave me a huge hug and off she went! I was SHOCKED! I was prepared for major meltdowns! I then floated on cloud 9 to my car because I was now ready for 3 full hours of freedom!! Ahhhhhh! I blasted MY music, not toddler music, all the way home and cleaned like crazy when I got there. I then spent my remaining hour of glorious freedom at IKEA shopping for baby boy's nursery. I picked Ella Ann up at noon and she came running to me screaming, "Rocket, rocket!!" I found out they made a rocket in class. I asked the teachers how she did and got an "okay". Well what happened?? They said she asked to go potty 8 times and only went once. After that they realized she was lying so they told her no when she asked to go again so a tantrum occurred. I couldn't believe she had thrown a tantrum in front of total strangers! She has never done that before, usually she's too uncomfortable and would never do such a thing. Miss Lynn said as long as she was engaged in an activity she was fine, but that only lasted a few minutes and then she would start crying for me. I am still very positive about the whole day, despite the "okay" report. At least I didn't get called early to come pick her up! The teachers were very kind and told me not to worry about it and that it was the first day and she's going to do great. Well, I agree because she's going anyway!
I did take a couple of pictures this morning before we left. She was in a bad mood so that's why they aren't very good!


Sporting the new backpack!
In other news, my Mom sent Ella Ann a get well present because she felt so sorry for her last week. :) It was a "Wizard of Oz" dress up trunk that included a Dorothy costume, Glenda the Good Witch, and the Wicked Witch costume. She would only put on the accessories when we first opened it, but the next day she was ready for dress up! The only thing is that I can't get her to put on the Wicked Witch costume! I think she's scared of it!

Her new thing is to look in the mirror every time she puts on something to check herself out. This is Dorothy admiring herself!

This will probably be the only time I'll catch her in the red slippers because she won't wear them! She was mad I took her picture!

Happy now, minus the shoes!

Glenda the Good Witch! She loves the magic wand and asks to eat dinner with it!

No comments: