Saturday, September 20, 2008

All In One Post

A lot has happened over the last week so instead of doing 3 different posts I decided to just throw them all together. The first pictures are just a few snapshots of our time at Mandy's house before we headed to Kentucky last Saturday night and one at Connie's house. It wasn't exactly a picture-taking occasion, but there were some funny moments......

like this one! One dead cowboy, one dead cowgirl, and two half-dead horses!!!!

We had a flat tire while we were in Kentucky. How many people does it take to air it back up??? :)

Aunt Kasey reading to Carter, Ella Ann, and Seth at Aunt Connie's house.


We got home from the funeral late Monday night and my Mom drove down for a visit on Tuesday. She got to greet Ella Ann when she woke up from her nap, which absolutely thrilled her because I hadn't told Ella Ann she was coming or else no nap would have occurred! We had such a good time with my Mom! I had asked her to come and stay with us a few days this month because Spencer's schedule has been awful and I needed some helping hands, mainly entertainment, for Ella Ann. Boy did my Mom entertain! I think she worked the same puzzle 50 times at the request of Ella Ann! We also got a little Christmas shopping done while Ella Ann was in school on Wednesday. Since I cannot travel so close to my due date, we are trying to get a lot of shopping done before then.

We only went out to eat one night at our favorite Mexican restaurant while Spencer went to a dinner with some people from work. The other meals were cooked at our house and we got to enjoy several of them out on our deck. The weather has been great!

My Mom left Friday morning after I dropped Ella Ann off at school, which by the way, is still not going well at all. :( I know my Mom was worn out from all the activities, but the three of us sure appreciated her help and all the fun things we did! Thanks again, Mom!

Such a fun picture!

Poor Mimi's the patient at Dr. Jensen's office! She's actually very gentle and it feels pretty good!

Cuddling!

Looking at the animal slide show in Ella Ann's camera.


I've had several requests to put pictures of Ella Ann's room on the blog so here it is. I still need to find a couple more ballerina prints to hang in her room but they are very hard to find! Everything is princess!

She loves her bed! The yellow ballerina in the middle of the shot is hanging from the string on her fan.

Ella Ann's favorite thing to do in her room is jump on her knees on her bed (we won't let her stand!).

She laughs, and laughs, and laughs at herself!


Her newest addition to the already huge amount of things she sleeps with...a guinea pig! It's SO ugly but she loves it! I'm sure you can guess she picked it out!

Ballerina rug.


To the left of her bed.


I put ballerina gel decals on her window...there are 3 if you can see them.

The wall opposite her bed.

Ballerina bulletin board.


Okay so I keep buying things for the nursery but someone keeps sneaking in his room and snatching it all! Hmmmm....I wonder........

caught red handed! I knew she was in the room and she keeps gravitating toward all his new soft animals, blankets, sheets, etc. so I grabbed my camera and opened the door and this is what I found! She was actually turned around facing the closet door but I called her name and she turned around! It was so funny!



She also digs in his toy baskets and gets everything out! It's all her old toys that are too young for her now but she seems to still find them entertaining.

Ella Ann has also started going in his room with all her bedtime belongings and sitting on the glider while sucking her thumb. She is obsessed with the soft pillow behind her back!

This is just the icing on the cake too! She saw this blanket hanging in his closet and asked me to take the hanger off and when I gave it to her she immediately got in her bobbie/horsey position! Uh-oh! We may have a problem in the future! When we took the blanket away from her she cried!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Sweet pics! Love her room. :) Sorry that school's still a hard thing.....hopefully soon she'll love it!