Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthday Pool Party

On Monday we were invited to a very fun pool party to celebrate Anjuli's 3rd birthday. Ruth, Anjuli's mom, is one of my friends from church, as are the 2 other moms that came to the party. Boy did Ella Ann have fun! Since we no longer have access to a pool, I haven't taken Ella Ann at all lately and you can tell she missed the water dearly! The greatest thing about the huge pool was that the most shallow part was only 2 feet deep so after about an hour I finally got Ella Ann all the way in and she was SO thrilled that she could touch the bottom and walk around by herself or with her little friends, who by the way, jumped in the pool, went underwater, and were swimming around like fish! She is such a cautious child and with all the other kids at the pool I didn't think she'd get in at all. She was so cute when she got to touch because her face lit up and squeals just started coming out of her mouth! I honestly couldn't get her out and she was so mad that we had to leave! I promised her, though, that we'd be back soon with Ruth!

The little lunch party we had was great too! We brought food for the kids and Ruth was so sweet and brought enough food for the mom's to munch on too. She also brought some fantastic cupcakes! Ella Ann was pooped, though, when we got home and took a loooong nap!

A big highlight for Ella Ann was having Alexia, Andria's daughter, there to play with. She sure loves babies, which I hope will prove to help me out a lot in the future! She just patted Alexia while she ate her lunch and each time she'd drop her cow Ella Ann would drop everything and retrieve it. After Alexia dropped it a good 6 times, Ella Ann said to her, "Alexia, this is the LAST time I'm going to pick this up for you!"

Look how proud she is of herself!

Climbing back in with Emma Grace.


Anjuli, Ella Ann, and Diego. Ella Ann wouldn't have anything to do with the cupcakes, she just wanted to eat all of Ruth's grapes and strawberries!

Anjuli's fun little party!

2 comments:

Jana said...

How fun, I wish I could have made it!!

Ruth Cox said...

Aw! Ella Ann looks so cute in that pool shot! I'm sharing the picts with Jeremy, as I forgot my camera :( phooey me. ah new life with 2.