Sunday, August 19, 2007

Yeay Friends!

This past weekend two of my best friends from Kentucky came down to visit me! I pledged ADPi with Katie and Erin at UK and, along with a few other girls, we became a very tight group of friends. I am so thankful that I can honestly say that I am still very close to them, even though they live 7 hours away from me! I hadn't seen Katie in almost a year and it had been well over a year since I'd seen Erin. In fact, Erin had never met Ella Ann! The tired girls arrived Friday evening and we just hung out and did a lot of catching up. Saturday they got woken up by Ella Ann peering around their sleeping heads and we hit the ground running and they, I pooped out Saturday night, kept going on into early Sunday morning! :) I took them to a really neat, quaint area of town and we did some boutique shopping and browsing. We went to an awesome Mexican restaurant for lunch and pigged out. After that we hit the mall and came home to grill out for dinner. Poor Ella Ann, we dragged her all across the city and back! I don't think she minded a bit, though, she absolutely LOVED the girls and wanted to be around them every waking second! She wanted them to read to her, sing to her, dance with her, play with her, etc. and you name it, they did it! They were such great friends and aunts! :)

Saturday night they went out with some old friends of theirs from Kentucky while I stayed at home and went to bed! I'm not used to all this entertainment and fun! I had such a good time with them and we were all very sad to see them go Sunday morning. I miss them so much, but we had a blast exchanging old funny stories and catching up on what we've all been up to. They have never seen me in action in my "mommy mode" so I'm sure it was quite entertaining for them to see me in a different light! ha!

Thanks again, Katie and Erin, for coming all the way down here to see us! I really appreciated you making the long trip!


Shopping on Saturday morning. Ella Ann just kicked back and went along for the ride!


The girls brought Ella Ann a fun new toy and she kept wanting them to play with her.


She loved scooting around in Katie's shoes!


Poor Katie, she couldn't even enjoy her cupcake without Ella Ann putting Baby Tad in her lap so she could sing and dance along with it!

Once Katie sends me her pictures I will post them too. These two pictures are from church this morning. I took them because Ella Ann looked so pretty in the dress her Nana gave her!




1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you all had a good weekend. It looks like Ella Ann loved having company in the house! I love that dress...I will definitely have to borrow it if I am blessed one day with a girl!
Love,
Mandy