Friday, August 24, 2007

Kentucky Bound

This past Tuesday, Ella Ann and I loaded up and headed north to stay the rest of the week with my parents in Kentucky. Spencer was very busy at work so I decided I needed a break and I knew my parents could give that to me! We arrived early afternoon on Tuesday and played nonstop the entire week. Ella Ann walked into the house to see a corner in the living room, her little corner, full of some new toys, books, bath toys, etc. She just didn't know where to begin! It was so funny because my parents had gotten her all this new stuff and what she immediately went for, which she carried around during our entire visit last time, are these wooden ducks that are decoration in their living room! Seriously, she carried around wooden ducks for a week! Although the duck-mania didn't last that long because she hopped on her rocking tricycle, that eventually detaches to be a riding tricycle, and went to town playing and reading! My Mom picked out a book that is all about animal tails, which for those of you that don't know Ella Ann kinda has a tail obsession. She carries all her stuffed animals around by their tails and sucks her thumb. The tail could be just a little nub and she'll still hold onto it while sucking that thumb! Anyway, she would lay down on the book and suck her thumb while holding onto a puffy tail that sticks out on the cover. The kid is weird! :)

We had a really fun time hanging out with my Mom and Dad all week. Ella Ann loved helping my Mom water all of her dying plants outside. She was soaked one morning and stripped down completely naked playing in the hose before 8 a.m.! This child was entertained every waking minute while we were there, so it will be not so fun for me adjusting her back to the real world at home! :)

My Mom and I dropped her off to stay with her Nana and Papa on Friday while we drove up to Evansville to do some shopping and mother/daughter bonding. We also made a stop in Newburgh, Indiana and walked around their quaint downtown on the Ohio River and bought some neat things for Ella Ann at some little boutiques. We had lunch at a wonderful restaurant on the river and then we went to the mall in Evansville and shopped some more, mainly for Christmas. My parents and I went to dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant that night and just hung out....fabulous for me because I was minus Ella Ann! Late that evening, I dragged my poor mother to the movies to watch the premier of "The Nanny Diaries." I read the book several years ago and I knew this would be my one and only opportunity to get to see it at the theater. It was worth the very late night because my Mom and I both really enjoyed it!

Ella Ann and I headed home on Sunday morning. I know Spencer really missed his girls and was glad we were finally back! Thanks again to my parents for the fun visit!
I took a ton of pictures, so here they are!
Ella Ann's favorite thing to do at my parent's house is pet Dottie. She asks for her 24/7 while we are there!

She also wanted to hold her and no one was allowed to touch Dottie at the same time as her. Ella Ann would push our hands away and say, "No, no, no!"

Poor Dottie finally gave in and laid down so she could pet her. Ella Ann was so cute and laid down beside her!

This is the fun new ride my parents got for her. It's a tricycle that rocks and will detach from the base to make a riding one when she is older.

As you can see she thoroughly enjoyed it!


We always visit my Dad at work during the day and he always gives balloons to her and she has always been afraid of them until this visit.....when she had to bring home 6 gigantic ones and drag them everywhere!

Too cute!

Helping Mimi water her plants on the deck in the morning.

Soaking herself while drinking from the hose!
What a nut!!!!


This picture turned out fuzzy, but it was so cute I had to post it.


This is Ella Ann with 10-month-old Briley, who is the daughter of a couple close to our family. Briley and her Gran stopped over to visit with us one afternoon.

Ella Ann really enjoyed playing with her and sticking stickers on her arms and legs. Poor Briley!

Showing Grandpa how to grill some pork tenderloin!

This is downtown Newburgh on the Ohio. It is full of fun antique shops, consignment stores, and botiques. We hit them all! :)

Mom and I at lunch at Edgewater Grill.

Getting her grove on again with Mimi and Grandpa!!

Concentrating on her moves!
Searching for Dottie who is obviously hiding from Ella Ann in the monkey grass!! Ella Ann would keep saying, "Come Dottie, come!!"




A picture with my Aunt Bee that lives across the street. Ella Ann would point to her and say "Aunt Beeeeee!!!!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So E.A. loves cats...I'll bet you're wishing you had Smokey back now, huh?