Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dinner Club

A couple of months ago, I asked a few girls from church if they would be interested in starting a Dinner Club. We would have themed dinners once a month and rotate houses. The girls I asked were very interested and the Club quickly ballooned to 20 "members"! We have had new girls come each time so it has been so much fun for all of us to meet new people and catch up with good friends.

Last week we had Dinner Club at my house. The theme was Fiesta Mexicana and Jana, Jennifer and I prepared the dinner. We had Mexican dip, chips, salsa and guacamole as an appeptizer and everyone helped themselves to some fabulous maragaritas complete with umbrellas stuck in the limes and lemons. For dinner we had make your own taco salads and burritos and to finish off the night, we had chocolate chip wafer sandwich cookies, mango sorbet and chocolate carmel cake. We have copies of the receipes at each dinner for everyone to take home. I had decorated my house with festive decorations and had Mexican music playing on my television. We truely went all out Mexican style when my air conditioner quit towards the end of the evening and we all broke out in a sweat!

It was a blast, though, and I managed to cram 17 girls in my home while Ella Ann slept peacefully in her pack-n-play in my closet with a fan going 90 miles an hour to drown out the noise! Below are a few pictures that were taken of the evening. I forgot to take a picture of the beautiful spread of food we prepared!


Jana, Jennifer and I posing with some decorations from the evening.


No comments: