Thursday, January 27, 2011

She Finally Made It

When my parents came down the night that Pierson was born the plan was for them to leave when I got home from the hospital, Spencer would stay home for a week and then my Mom would come down to help me for a few days. Well with sickness and bad weather both here and in Kentucky my Mom wasn't able to come down until this week. It was the first time she actually got to cuddle with Pierson because when I was in the hospital my Mom had caught my horrible illness while they were down for Christmas so when she did hold her she had on a mask.

We were thrilled to finally have her down for a visit this week! She arrived Monday afternoon and the kids were so excited to see her. They played and played together, read a ton of books, cuddled and played outside. While Ella-Ann was at school we hit the mall, Whole Foods for the early bird special (as usual) and Trader Joe's. Last night we all went to our favorite Thai restaurant for some really, really good sushi, sashimi and seafood (cooked for Mom!). It was great having her here and we were sad to see her go this morning.


I love Rane in his Chicago Bears shirt! I normally dislike the kids wearing any sports attire but do make an exception for this adorable vintage shirt (Spencer has a similar one and I gave them to the boys for Christmas because it's Spencer's favorite team) and a few St. Louis Cardinals t-shirts! I am learning to give in...give me more time, I know I have a little boy!


Sweet little girl is growing! She looks huge in this picture and the one below but she's not that large!

See....she does smile! Not a great picture because I was on the floor looking up at her when she just randomly smiled and I had the camera in hand but at least you get the idea!

I hate that there are very few pictures of me with the kids, especially when they are so small so I told Spencer to take one the other day. Such is the life of the behind-the-scenes blogger!

No comments: