Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Family Outing

A Christmas present that my parents always give us each year is either annual passes to the aquarium or the zoo. We have been at the zoo for two years now so we thought this year we'd make the switch back to the aquarium since they have some new exhibits and it's our last year in Atlanta. We finally made it downtown to go to the aquarium yesterday afternoon. Ella-Ann came bursting through the doors of the school at 2:15 when we picked her up! She was so excited! This was the first time Rane had been so Spencer and I were looking forward to his constant "Wook Mommy! Wook Daddy!!!!" He is easily excited so we knew it would be a treat to take him! Spencer mentioned to me while we were there that the last time we were at the aquarium we just had one kid...now we are a family of five!

We had a blast while there and both kids enjoyed all the amazing sights. Rane walked the entire time and did a great job keeping up with us and not throwing a tantrum (except when leaving). He loved the person dressed up as a penguin the most and did his little happy dance when he was up close and personal with him! Too funny! They have added quite a few things since we were there 2 years ago and we had such a good time. Although I will not attempt to make such an outing all by myself with all three kids!
I put Rane in his shark shirt for the occasion! You cannot tell, but the letters are neon orange and every time he looks down at his shirt he tries to pick them off!

In awe!


Ella-Ann was afraid of the huge fish!



Lets not forget Sweet P!

We were the only people watching the otters when the trainers brought out new toys for them so we got to watch them play really close to the glass. The kids went crazy!


Yes a random picture that I had to include! My sweet friend, Emily, sent us blue chocolate covered strawberries when Rane was born and kindly sent beautiful pink ones for Pierson's birth! They were so so so good! Spencer and I made sure Ella-Ann never saw them...I know, we are selfish parents and kept them all to ourselves! Who wouldn't???

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Wow - I am so jealous of those strawberries!!! They look awesome! The aquarium looks like fun. I still really want to take the boys. Looks like everything is going well with three. Great pictures!