Friday, December 17, 2010

Slightly Busy....

this week to say the least. I have no idea where the last few days went. I have been going full speed ahead each and everyday and I am looking forward to next week when I don't have to get everyone out the door by a certain time and run 20 errands a day. Of course I know I'll be sitting on the couch asking what we're going to do for the day by next Wednesday! I like being pretty busy but this week has worn me out, in a good way! After Rane woke up from his nap Sunday afternoon he was running a 102 fever. With the fever came a runny, stopped up nose and a cough. The fever broke on Monday night and very strangely the virus moved to his face, mainly his eyes. They weren't running, it just looked like he had a major allergic reaction to something. I took him to the pediatrician on Tuesday and he tested negative for anything major, thank goodness. It is Friday now and he still looks like he has been through the ringer. He feels fine, just looks awful. Poor thing, yesterday he fell down and I didn't even know it until I found him because he is so horse I couldn't hear him cry! So with his cold and weird face running errands was extra fun this week! Needless to say, he got a lot of attention from strangers staring at him!

I can finally say I am finished with Christmas stuff! Yeay! I have a grocery trip to make and that is it! Finito! In between getting ready for the holiday I had Ella-Ann's class party on Thursday afternoon and her school "all-inclusive" holiday program this morning. Rane has to be at his PMO on Fridays at 9 a.m., which was what time the program started so fortunately another PMO family lives about a mile away from our house so they picked him up this morning and took him for me. Side note, it was so cute...he hoped right in that car with his friend, Stevie, and said, "Bye Mommy!" He's such a big boy! Meanwhile, Stevie was having a complete meltdown because Rane was in the car!

Ella-Ann's class party yesterday was fun and she was thrilled that I was there. They had lots of goodies and got little gift bags and cute pictures of her class from her teachers. I had to bring food for that party and to the Holiday Coffee this morning. Ella-Ann helped me make Skittle meringues yesterday afternoon for the dessert table. They turned out perfectly and were very good! If I let her Ella-Ann would have eaten 20 of them! Her favorite candy is Skittles and she is always begging me to buy her meringues when she sees them at Whole Foods so she was very happy to be making them and combining her two loves! I made it to her program 3 minutes before it started....long story as to why I was so late, just know I needed a nap by 9:30 a.m. because I had been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. So her class was so cute singing their snowflake song and Ella-Ann was belting out the words and motions like it was nobody's business!

After Rane's nap this afternoon the four of us headed to the mall to ride the famous Rich's Pink Pig and visit Santa. It wasn't nearly as busy as I had anticipated but we still waited for that silly Pig for at least 30 minutes. We didn't even wait that long in Disney for a ride! This was Rane's first ride on the Pig, or anything for that matter, and I don't think he even blinked. He sat beside Spencer and was in awe. Of course Ella-Ann loved it as well. The line for Santa was very short so we got to see him as well. I thought Rane would freak out but he did not. He just sat on his knee across from Ella-Ann and stared a hole through Santa. Meanwhile, Ella-Ann chatted it up with him and once she hopped off his lap she started jumping up and down saying, "I love Santa! I loved sitting on his lap!" We encouraged her to ask for a new baby and a bicycle, since that IS what she is receiving from Santa, which she did so at least we have our bases covered!

This Sunday evening Ella-Ann will be singing with the children's choir during the Christmas cantata service at our church. I had to take her to the big choir practice on Wednesday night. It was from 6:30-7:30 p.m. and she was the only child up on stage yawning! The girl needs her beauty sleep, what can I say? The roads were icy that evening so I had quite the backseat driver both to and from church. "Mommy, are you okay to drive in the dark?" "Be careful, be careful!" "Slow down while going down the hill! Not so fast! Watch out for that car!" Side note, I was going like 15 mph. Hopefully this means I will have a very cautious 16 year old in the future!

Thankfully it is the weekend now and Christmas break has started. I am looking forward to spending time with our family, relaxing and not going into labor!

Since Spencer had clinic Friday morning I had to video and take pictures at the same time so the pictures are not good at all, but I tried!


Ella-Ann with her sweet friend, Melissa.


Ready for the Pig to get a move on!

See his poor face? Believe me when I say it is so much better than it was earlier this week. I don't think his little hand moved off of Spencer's leg while riding the Pig!

Since Rane didn't even crack a smile and he looked so bad we didn't buy a picture this year but we may try again next week.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Go Ella Ann! It looks like she did great in her program. I wish we could have seen it. :) Poor Rane...he looks miserable in those pictures. Hopefully his face is all cleared up by Christmas. Hope you all have a great week and I will definitely call you soon!
love,
Mandy