Monday, December 13, 2010

Rudolph

This weekend while Spencer was in Toccoa working I took the kids on Saturday afternoon to the Atlanta Center for Puppetry Arts to watch "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer." I had never been to the Puppetry Arts Center so I was excited to go myself! The tickets included passes to the museum and the opportunity to make your own puppet. I was slightly nervous about having to do this without Spencer but I said a prayer on the way there that Rane would behave during the hour long show and that I would remain calm at all times! Well God answered my prayers because we had the best time and Rane did great! I had to put him down for his nap early because we had to leave at 2 p.m. for the 3 p.m. show since the seats were first come first serve. I wanted to be sure we had great seats because I knew Ella-Ann would not be happy if she couldn't see. We arrived in time to walk around the museum, which was my favorite part because they had several exhibits that brought back memories of my puppet-watching childhood...like puppets from "Fraggle Rock" and the Muppets. There was a life-size Big Bird on display and the kids really loved that.

Since we got there so early we were the first in line before they opened the doors to the theater. We had seats that were in the middle center of the theater so it was perfect! They show was absolutely fantastic and greatly exceeded my expectations! It was actually very high-tech and, along with the puppets, there was really cool animation involved. Ella-Ann never moved a muscle, except when the abominable snowman showed up on stage, and loved every minute of it. As soon as it was over she turned to me and said, "Mommy I loved it SO MUCH! It was so much fun! I loved Rudolph the best!" Rane really liked it as well and enjoyed all the music and funny puppets. He sat still some of the time and was off and on my lap throughout the show. He would clap and laugh and liked looking at all the other kids that surrounded us.

Afterward we headed upstairs to make our own Rudolph puppet. That was the hard part of the trip....trying to manage Rane, read directions on how to make the puppet and help Ella-Ann put it all together. Thankfully, one of the workers saw I was struggling and entertained Rane with a puppet while I helped Ella-Ann.

The kids were not happy about leaving so I think we will have to go to another show before we leave Atlanta!
With Rane it's always, "Wook Daddy, WOOOK!" Never, "Look Mommy, look!" That is what he was saying in this picture!

Creating puppets in the museum.


Going to look at the "Fraggle Rock" puppets.

I love this picture of Rane! He kept pushing the board down the hall so Ella-Ann couldn't get her head through. It was so funny!

No comments: