Thursday, December 02, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like....

Christmas! I have really started preparing for the holiday quite early this year because of the "just in case" factor with the baby. I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row in case Baby J decides to make her grand appearance before I would like her to! Last weekend I made my Christmas card and by the end of the day today they were in the mailbox, which Spencer tells me is totally unacceptable because it's way too early but I will not have a stack of envelopes sitting on my counter just because! I have decorated the house and we are putting up our Christmas tree early next week. I only have a couple of presents left to buy and wrap so other than that I am done! I do want to do some holiday baking because I need an excuse to bake lots of yummy treats so we will do that soon as well. I bought a gingerbread house at Trader Joe's this week for Spencer and Ella-Ann to put together. They did it last year and had a great time, especially Ella-Ann, so hopefully this will be a family tradition for us. Rane just wanted to eat the candy so I fed him a snack in his chair so he could get out of the way and watch. The house is way too cute and I love it! They did a fantastic job!

Yesterday we started our Advent Calender that Jana made for us a couple of years ago. I always look forward to reading the stories and having the kids put the pieces on the tree. Ella-Ann was very excited to get it out this year and get started! Rane, of course, just wants to take the pieces off the tree!
Ella-Ann was thrilled that this was the day her and Daddy were putting together the house! She has been asking to do it about every other hour of the day since I bought it!



The completed house! Hopefully we can keep Rane off the table for the next 4 weeks!

Tonight we did two days for our tree since we are headed out of town.

Of course I tried my best to get a picture of both of them looking at me but Rane was so concerned with the apple he put on the tree that I could not get him to turn around!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Love this post! Love seeing the gingerbread house (that's one of our traditions too) and seeing the Advent Tree being put to use! :) Merry Christmas, Jensens! We miss you guys so much!