Sunday, August 08, 2010

Another Fun Wedding

Spencer and I haven't been to a wedding in years since most of our friends have already gotten married. However, we have gone to two weddings this summer and we really looked forward to them because it had been so long! My long time friend, Leigh, got married this weekend in Nashville. Leigh and I have been friends since high school so I was so excited to meet her fiance and get to see Leigh! She lives in Texas so it is a rare occasion that I even get to see her. We left Friday morning and headed to Zach and Mandy's house to spend the weekend with them. It was so nice to get there early so we could maximize the playing time for the kids. Ella Ann and Rane were very excited to be there and they all played nonstop together the entire time. Gary and Gayla drove down on Saturday morning to spend the day with us. We went out to lunch and after a little bit of tax free shopping, we headed home and Spencer and I got ready for the wedding. It was at the Governor's Club Saturday evening so we were dressed in our "Sunday best!" My parents were also there so it was so good to spend a little time with them. Zach and Mandy so very kindly kept our kids so we could go to the wedding. Cocktails were served before the ceremony and afterwards we had a great sit down dinner. I enjoyed seeing some old, familiar faces and my friend, Sara, was also there with her husband and two kids. We stayed for quite a while chatting with friends and my family, eating, having cocktails (well, not me) and, of course, eating cake! I made sure I was one of the first in line for the groom's cake....red velvet, my favorite! My reasoning for eating three pieces was that I am pregnant and the baby and I need lots of cake!

After saying goodbye to my friends and my parents, we headed back to Mandy and Zach's house for the night. We had a great trip both to and from with the kids (why does that always happen ONLY when Spencer is traveling with us????). Thanks again Gary and Gayla for coming down for the day to visit and to Zach and Mandy for keeping Ella Ann and Rane!

So I am too lazy to rearrange my pictures so our play date at Andria's house on Thursday morning is first! We went to her house for our last hurrah before Luke and Ella Ann start full-time school. The kids enjoyed playing in the pool and eating yummy peaches! I enjoyed catching up with Andria and Megan but had to leave right as Ruth and her crew walked in the door. At least I'll still have Rane to take to play dates!

The big kids were bouncing on the side of the pool and Rane was not happy about that so he was trying to escape with no luck!


Ethan and Rane, who are only 4 months apart, are somewhat starting to play together....mainly along side each other. They are too cute!

Rane loved playing with the boys!

Tiny little fists of fury!

Mandy told the kids to sing "The Wheels On the Bus" to Rane and Ethan so we could prepare dinner. They were so cute singing it and the little boys were totally into it! (Rane is doing the motions with them.)

The kids played outside in the sprinkler on Saturday and I completely forgot to pack Ella Ann's swimsuit so she happily (cannot believe it) wore Carter's swim trunks, shirt and put on his socks when she came inside!

Before the wedding.

Mica and Leigh's first dance.

With Mom and Dad.


Leigh, the beautiful bride!

No comments: