Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spring Program

Ella Ann's spring program at school was last Wednesday. Sorry I'm a week late on posting! She was so excited to see us in the audience when she walked in, especially her Daddy. I don't know why she gets such a kick out of seeing him (instead of me....sniff, sniff) when we are in an audience, at her school, ballet, etc. but she loves it when he is there. It makes Spencer so happy to know she cares so much. Rane was a handful, surprise, surprise and was a ham to everyone he encountered. Such a show off. Ella Ann did a fantastic job up front singing and doing all the motions that go along with the songs. After the program we headed down to her classroom to visit one last time with other parents and her teachers. Each child gave their parents their painted hand print on a piece of cloth (it is much cuter than it sounds but I really don't know how to describe the thingy it was on). I love Ella Ann's school and I will really miss her teachers and the parents I have become friends with. Hopefully I can get Rane in for the half a year he will be in the 2 year old class in 2011 before we move. It is like a family there and it reminds me a lot of how my elementary school was. It is a wonderful place but we decided to send Ella Ann to the elementary school in our district for pre-K next year. It is the school she will start kindergarten in so we might as well go ahead and put her there and get her used to it....plus it is from 7:45 a.m. until 2:15 p.m. every day and it's free! I put her name in the lottery in March and the odds were a 1 in 5 chance she'd get in and she did! Yeay! The downside: Big Girl is going to have to ride the bus home because pick up time is right in the middle of Rane's nap. The office secretary assured me that the pre-K teachers walk the students to the bus and the bus drivers know the little ones and will certainly help them out. That still doesn't ease my nerves but I know she can do it!

Hamming it up for the parents before the program started.

Ella Ann is in the center in a turquoise dress.



Ella Ann's class with their teacher, Miss Elaine.

With her BFF, Caroline. I was told by Miss Elaine that usually these two do not play with any one else and have to be forced to be separated so they make them sit by other kids at snack and circle time. They also talk a lot!

Ella Ann and Bennett are also big buddies. The Simpsons' go to the same church as us too so Bennett and Ella Ann have always been in the same nursery class. Bennett sent Ella Ann an email a couple of weeks ago and a drawing in the mail! She was thrilled! I think he kinda likes her (insert wink)!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Is Bennett related to Bo and Tina Simpson?