Saturday, April 17, 2010

Showering Jana

Today Christy (one of our friends), Heidi (Jana's sister) and I threw Jana a baby shower to celebrate baby Evelyn that will arrive in June. We had a great time this morning with friends! Ella Ann was so excited to get to spend some time with her sister, a.k.a. best friend Mara Kate! She woke up at 7 a.m. and asked when Mara Kate would be getting here! Heidi, Christy and I got everything nice and pretty before the guests arrived and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. We had lots of food, played two games and watched Jana open a bunch of gifts. Ruth brought her daughters, Anjuli and Keona, so the four girls had a grand time together. They never interrupted the shower or caused any commotion...they were little angels! Jana received some really nice gifts and we had a good time just chatting. Gary and Gayla came down this weekend for a visit (another post to come) so both of them and Spencer vacated the premises with Rane while the shower took place. How nice! I was able to relax and enjoy my company!

I sent the beautiful hydrangeas home with Jana as a reminder of this day and how special Evelyn is to all of us. (Side note: yes, you see bean burritos from Taco Bell on a silver platter. I put them out as a joke because that is what Jana has craved throughout her pregnancy. They were the first food to be eaten! ha!)

Like my vegetable tree?


Christy made the awesome pink cupcakes! I made the chocolate covered "strawberries," which are actually a strawberry marshmallow and a Hershey kiss dipped in chocolate made to look like a strawberry.

It was truly a girly day! The little girls enjoyed their lunch together at their own table!

Mommy and soon-to-be big sister, Mara Kate!



Mara Kate received a few gifts too!



Ella Ann's room post shower!

Sweet friends!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Katie, Thank you so much for hosting such a lovely, girly shower for me (and Evelyn). I felt very special and loved!

Also, SO sorry about the mess in EA's room, post shower! I didn't even walk back there to check it out---and left the entire mess for you. Oops! Everything was wonderful! Thanks again!