Sunday, April 04, 2010

Christ Is Risen!

Easter Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year because of what we are celebrating. "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" Christ Is Risen! What a celebration today should be for all of us! We started our day by worshiping the Risen Lord. I worked in the nursery, luckily with Rane's nursery class, during the first service and attended the second service with Spencer (who rushed there from work). It was an amazing morning filled with wonderful music from our orchestra and choir.

The Easter bunny visited the kids this afternoon. Ella Ann was thrilled with her slinky, which Rane already broke, dot candy (remember the candy on paper rolls??), chocolate bunny, coloring book, Cinderella socks (her fav) and Fancy Nancy book. We have just been introduced to the world of Fancy Nancy. Ella Ann loves the books about a little girl who dresses up, acts like royalty and uses big words, like glamorous, because "fancier" is better. Very cute and very Ella Ann. Rane received "My First Bible," a boy puzzle....finally, and a few other books....boring Easter basket for him.

I also prepared a feast for dinner tonight that included ham, hashbrown casserole, roasted asparagus and strawberry mousse. I really cannot believe that everyone at the table ate the exact same thing...ALL of it! Usually I am making other foods for Ella Ann, and sometimes Rane, because what Spencer and I eat is too spicy, she's allergic or just plain won't eat what we are eating. I have tried and tried to enforce the "we all eat the same thing" rule but it is hard to send your baby to bed hungry so I usually end up serving them what Spencer and I eat along with some foods that I know they will eat, like peas and cheese. However, tonight was magical! ha! Ella Ann told me numerous times, "I LOVE the ham, Mommy!" Wow! I am on cloud nine! She begrudgingly ate the potatoes but she enjoyed the asparagus. Rane ate every single bite on his tray....he loved it all. I even gave Ella Ann a "real" plate to eat on tonight and she got to eat out of my pretty dessert cups as well. I think we will start serving her food on "real" plates from now on, it's time. Rane got to eat his very own strawberry mousse for dessert too! I even put his in a special dessert cup (of course I held it and fed him, but still!)! This was his very first dessert besides the birthday cake he did not eat when he turned 1. I swear he would've have licked the bowl had I let him....he was silenced into food bliss for a solid 8 minutes!

I took a bunch of (not good) pictures of the kids very quickly before I left for church this morning.....no time for posing. Rane looked so handsome in his seersucker shorts with a belt, white polo and brown sandals! What a little man he is!




He really just wanted Ella Ann's chocolate bunny! He knows what's good!

With her new Fancy Nancy book.

Lovin' his mousse!

Ella Ann just ate the Cool Whip off the top...wouldn't touch the mousse. What is wrong with her???

2 comments:

Janelle said...

AK is OBSESSED with fancy nancy!! we have about 5 books and the doll. :) again, we are raising the same child. :) Ha!

Jana said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend---I still need to get my pics posted. MK loves Fancy Nancy too and has the doll as well. I like her books too as they are good "family books" and include mom, dad and siblings.

Glad you had a good Easter and your meal sounds like it turned out well. I cooked my ham like you did---with coke and brown sugar and it was WONDERFUL!!!