Sunday, March 07, 2010

Outside...FINALLY

We spent most of Saturday and Sunday in our favorite room of the house...the backyard! It's about time is all I have to say! According to Al Roker, it is "Much below normal" temperatures down here...duhhh! If it's even remotely close to 50 degrees we lose the coats, they are such a pain with kids! Anyway, Spencer worked a lot this weekend but he was able to hang with us today so that was great. After lunch both days Ella Ann and I played outside while Rane napped. Once he woke up I even moved his high chair outside so we didn't even have to go in for him to snack. Today our next door neighbor's kids, who are close in age with Ella Ann, came over to play. Ella Ann loves it when they come over to play and I do to because she has so much fun and it is much easier because they do their own thing and Spencer, Rane and I sit and watch. Poor little Rane, though, he just wants to be a part of their group so bad. He would crawl in the grass to get to them and just sit and watch them play. Bless his heart! Yesterday it was just Ella Ann, Rane and I outside. I had to go inside to get something really quick and when I came back out Rane was sitting in a dirt pile eating dirt. His face was black and I couldn't get the grit out of his mouth...he chewed it forever. Boys and girls.....SO different! Today Ella Ann actually got dirty but on most days I could send her out in her Sunday best and she would come back in clean as a whistle.


Rane discovered Ella Ann's tricycle yesterday and that was it. He wanted to be pushed around the entire time we were outside. Ella Ann loved pushing him around the porch! Now the dilemma...do I let him ride the pink and purple tricycle or buy a blue and red one? Surely he won't care when he grows up and saw that he rode a girly tricycle!


Jordan, Kayla and Ella Ann playing with the bubble gun.

They all loved it, including Rane, who I'm sure just wanted to drink the bubbles!

There he goes, trying to keep up with the big kids!

Jordan would trow the Frisbee and Kayla and Ella Ann would race to get it. (Look at Little Rane!)

He saw Ella Ann climb the slide so Rane thought he could do the same.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! We, too, were happy to get outside. I love the pictures of the kids and I think Rane will be just fine on the purple tricycle. :) Have a great week!
love,
Mandy