Monday, July 20, 2009

Girls Weekend

I spent this past weekend in Lexington with my 4 girlfriends/sorority sisters from college........without the kids! After many, many change of plans, I decided it would be best if I rode with Spencer and the kids to Tennessee (he was staying at Mandy's house and his parents were going to be there as well) when Spencer got off of work on Friday and then I would take the car on to Lexington. We left at 3 p.m. and I pulled into Laura's driveway close to midnight. I was beat. We got stuck in Atlanta traffic, had to stop and eat dinner and I eventually had to stop and get gas so it was a loooong trek for me. I made it though, and it was worth every minute on the road. Laura is 8 months pregnant with a little boy so we just wanted to have one last get together before baby Ben arrived. Emily and Andrea rode together from Louisville and Katie drove in from northern Kentucky around 1 p.m. on Saturday. I had a good time with Laura talking baby and running baby gear errands before the other girls arrived. Once everyone was accounted for, we went to lunch and then did a little shopping. We did a lot of catching up at Laura's and always some good reminiscing of "the good ole' days" in college. We went to dinner (per my request) at Atomic Cafe, a Caribbean restaurant that I loved and went to often when I lived in Lexington. I got my usual and we sat there for a while over drinks and listening to the live music. We headed to Drake's to meet up with some of Laura's friends after that and then hit the bed shortly after. I had to get on the road early on Sunday morning because I had to swing by Mandy's and pick up my family and then head home. I left at 8:30 a.m. and got home at 5:30 p.m. (I ate lunch with the Jensens' which took about an hour so other than that I was in the car....ugggghhh).


I had so much fun with my girls and I was glad I made the trip up to see them because who knows when I'll see them again. Thanks again, friends, for the fun weekend!


Mommy-to-be opening our gifts.



Andrea and Emily. Andrea "refused" to have her picture taken!


Andrea and I.



Emily, Katie, Laura, Me and Andrea.




Dinner at Atomic Cafe.


The "Waller Girls" as we are affectionately known as because we lived on Waller Avenue our senior year.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Looks like you had fun. It is nice to reconnect with old friends. Glad you went the distance to make it happen!