Sunday, March 15, 2009

Girlfriends

My 4 best friends/ADPi sisters drove down this weekend from Kentucky and Tennessee to see me and the kids! I hadn't seen Laura, Andrea, Katie and Emily since the last time we were together this past August. We all have such busy schedules and it's hard to arrange a weekend that all of us have free so we usually only get to see each other once or twice a year...so sad! These are the girls I spent my four years of college with and then some. I love them to pieces and when we get together it's like we've never been apart....we just pick up where we left off. They arrived late Friday night and were bearing gifts and lots of treats! They had brought some amazing petifors that had little blue booties on top! Ohh they were so good! Ella Ann ate hers in 2.2 seconds flat! They visited for a little while and then headed to their hotel down the road. They came over Saturday morning and got to spend some time with the kids before we headed to one of my favorite restaurants, Nuevo Laredo Cantina. They loved it as much as me...yeay! Ella Ann also got to tag a long since Spencer had to work that morning so she was thrilled to hang out with Mommy and all her fun friends AND eat beans and rice! She loves the restaurant as much as me! After dropping Ella Ann off with Spencer we hit the mall for the afternoon. Rane was the little man with all the women at the mall so needless to say he was showered with attention! He was such a good boy and the girls got to really enjoy him. We came back to the house to Ella Ann who was very patiently waiting for her playmates to arrive. I think her and Emily are kindred spirits and if you knew Emily at all you would know why! She is great with little kids, mainly because she gets on the floor and acts just as silly as them! Ella Ann was in heaven! She put on a fashion show pretty much with all her costumes and ran around the house like a crazy person!

Spencer, thankfully, watched both kids so I could enjoy an evening out! We went to Einstein's for a nice relaxing dinner. I had so much fun! I haven't been without a kid in a restaurant in ages! After dinner I went to their hotel room to spend a little bit more time with them because Spencer had called the living room so he could watch Louisville play without a bunch of hens chatting around him!

The girls came over for breakfast Sunday morning and they left when I left to go to church. I cannot thank my sweet friends enough for driving all the way to Atlanta to see me and my family. I had SO much fun and I miss you tons! Thanks again for everything!!!!!

Andrea and Rane.

Mom-to-be, Laura, getting some practice in with Rane!

Ahhhh...the yummy petifors!

I managed to get a quick picture of her eating one before it was gone!

Ella Ann sitting with Andrea at lunch.

Emily holding Rane at the mall.

Katie and Laura.

Little Miss Belle was singing to Emily.

Rane and Katie.

The "Waller Girls" plus two. This is what we call ourselves, as did everyone else including our families. It was the name of the street we lived on senior year at UK.

We don't mess around when it comes to desserts! They love them just as much as me! I had to take a picture of the key lime cheesecake we ordered at Einstein's! Dad you would've LOVED it!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

It's funny to read about you going to all of my old haunts! Danielle

Jana said...

Looks like it was a fun weekend for all! Glad you got to spend some time with your old girlfriends! :)

Anonymous said...

-1 internet points