Sunday, March 08, 2009

Another Trip

I loaded up the kids after school on Wednesday and headed to my parent's house in Kentucky. It was my first trip alone with two kids and I hadn't been to their house since October so Ella Ann and I were really looking forward to the visit! Both kids did very well in the car, minus Ella Ann's lack of a nap both to and from home. Again Rane didn't make a single sound the entire trip and was his perfect self! My Mom and Dad loved having all of us there and we had to make our usual rounds of showing off the kids around town and having visitors at our house! Everyone wanted to see our newest addition and I didn't mind showing him off! He hammed it up for each person he made contact with!

My old friend, Sara, had a little girl, Lucy, exactly 1 month before Rane and we had not seen each other since we were pregnant so the two of them came over along with Sara's mom, Sandy. We had a blast catching up and talking baby! Lucy is a doll and I told Rane before they arrived that he needed to mind his manners because he may meet his future wife! :) Ella Ann LOVED having Lucy over and wanted to hold her the entire time, of course! That same afternoon Nana and Papa drove over for a brief visit. Everyone came bearing gifts so we are going to have to majorly detox Ella Ann from all the presents and catering to!

Ella Ann enjoyed a ton of play time with the grandparents and Rane was loved and kissed so much I thought he might explode! He loved it and talked and talked to my Mom...so sweet! We went out to dinner to my favorite restaurant one night and I got to enjoy my tuna! :)

Rane also slept through the night while we were there! Yeay! I didn't think it was too big of a deal because he only gets up once at night anyway but I was happy to not get up until daylight for a change! Ella Ann was the one that kept me up all night losing her horsey in the bed, having bad dreams and waking up at 5 a.m. one morning! Fun stuff! My parents made the little hall she sleeps in (it's really a small room) into a bedroom so now she has her own special room! She loved it but that didn't mean she was going to sleep well! Our last night there was the peaceful one...figures!

We had such a wonderful time and we were sad to go home but we missed Spencer. Ella Ann walked over to Grandpa this morning and said, "Grandpa, I'm going home today," in this very somber voice. My Dad replied, "I know Ella Ann, I'm going to miss you." She responded, "I know, but my Daddy misses me too so I need to go home and see him." She's so sweet!

Again I took a lot of pictures so please click HERE to view them.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yeah - Rane slept through the night! That is exciting! Sounds you all had a great trip. I know Mom and Dad enjoyed their visit too. :) Hope you all have a good week!