Monday, February 09, 2009

More of Our Funny Girl

Just had to share the following:

A man with two earrings was checking our groceries out at Kroger Friday afternoon.
Ella Ann: "Mommy, that man has earrings! Why does he have earrings?" (Yes he can hear her.)
Me Mortified: "Yes he has earrings and that's okay. Boys can wear earrings if they want to."
Ella Ann: "No they can't! Boys don't wear earrings girls do! Silly boy!"
Oh my. I apologize and tell him she's just curious. Good grief. I'm sure she would find it very weird that her Daddy once wore an earring...... :)

This morning Spencer asked Ella Ann if she was going to work.
Ella Ann: "No! Girls don't go to work, boys do!"
That's right Ella Ann!!! :)

Today on the way home from school I had the windows rolled down on her side because it is 70 degrees here. I see her start to flap her arms and kick her legs so I ask her what in the world is wrong. Her response: "I'm kicking the air away from me!!!" If that wasn't funny enough here is some more and this is just in the car today!
We are listening to her Toddler Bible Songs cd and she says, "Mommy! They are singing about heaven! I love heaven! I want to go to heaven!
Me: "We will go to heaven one day when God calls us home."
Ella Ann starts whining so I ask her what's wrong. "But I want to go home and stay at home."
Me: "We are going home."
Ella Ann: "But you said we were going to heaven!!"
I love this kid!

Another conversation starts:
Me: "Ella Ann, did you get to wear the pink tutu today at school?" (She evidently wears a pink tutu every time at school because I hear about it when I pick her up...."Lucy Kate wears the yellow tutu and I wear the pink tutu." is what she tells me.)
Ella Ann: "No Adam was wearing the pink tutu."
Okay I already started laughing with that but I continue on and ask her, "Well did you get to wear it when he was finished?"
Ella Ann: "No, boys don't share! Adam said to me 'NOOOO!!' He was not nice. Miss Lynn did not make him share with me."

Yes I pretty much laughed the entire way home.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

She is too funny! Life is definitely never boring with a 3 year old around. We can't wait to see you guys in less than 2 weeks!
Love,
Mandy

Janelle said...

I can't tell you how hard I laughed about the earrings...that is SO something AK would say too--just leaves you apologizing. Ha! :)