Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Week of Traveling

This week was a whirlwind of travels! Whew, am I tired and glad to be home! It felt like we were gone forever, I guess because we went to so many places. The three of us left early Saturday morning and headed to Tennessee to stay with Zach and Mandy. Spencer's parents came down from Kentucky because Spencer and I flew to Vegas early Sunday morning and Ella Ann got to spend some quality time with her Nana and Papa until Wednesday. I know she had a blast and was very good for them but I don't have any pictures, obviously, from her visit but have plenty from the rest of the week!

Spencer and I had a great time in Vegas. We stayed at MGM Grand, which is pretty far down the strip so we did a TON of walking. We have both been there many times so it wasn't like we were rushing around to see everything, which was nice because it was very relaxing. We got up early each morning and walked down to Planet Hollywood Hotel and got coffee at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf....ahhhh my favorite!! They only have the chains out west, so every time I'm out there I make sure I get that coffee each day! We would then walk some more to either gamble or shop at other hotels and then head back to our room for a break before we ate lunch. I would sit by the pool each afternoon while Spencer gambled. I can't stand to watch him loose money, thankfully he's pretty lucky most of the time! Either way, losing $5 is too much for me to watch! ha! In the evenings we would go to a different hotel and eat a nice dinner. It was SO nice to get away as a couple and enjoy some much-needed time together.

After Mandy picked us up at the airport Wednesday afternoon, we drove to Kentucky to visit my parents. Ella Ann was at their house by then but was too distracted with her new pink and purple tricycle to even notice us walking in the door, let alone come running to us for a hug! :) My Mom and Dad said that when she walked in the door and saw the tricycle she said, "Ohhhh, you got a tricycle just for me????" She learned quickly how to pedel and steer it around the house. Unfortunately our car was too packed to bring it home so we'll have to get it next time because I know she's going to ask for it often! Spencer finally got to eat at the great Italian restaurant we always eat at when I'm home. He hadn't eaten there since we had our rehearsal dinner there nearly 5 years ago! The owner always asks where the "Good Doctor" is! At least we were able to prove he still existed!

On Friday we left bright and early to drive 2 hours to central Kentucky where Spencer's two grandmother's live. Mandy drove up with Carter and Seth so that was even more fun for Ella Ann. It was good to see them both and I know they really enjoyed seeing Ella Ann, since they hadn't seen her since Christmas. That afternoon we drove to Mandy's house again to spend the night so that we wouldn't have to drive as far home on Saturday morning. Even though Spencer and I are glad to be home Ella Ann is not! Anytime we would get in the car to go somewhere while we were gone she would say, "I don't want to go home!" Needless to say, I don't think she was thrilled to be back...all that entertainment by loved ones sure does make one spoiled child!!! Just kidding, it was worth every minute! Thanks to those of you who kept Ella Ann, entertained her, and let us crash at your house!! We sure had a good time!!!!

Since I took so many pictures, click HERE to see them all.

No comments: