Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Mother's Day...

was great! I had to post some pictures because it's proof that I was well taken care of, and very much loved, on this special day! Since we had just gotten back from a week of vacation on Saturday afternoon, I didn't really feel like doing much and I especially didn't want to go out to eat! I was very much looking forward to spending the day at home and eating there too! Spencer and Ella Ann made me breakfast (a fabulous omelet!) before we headed to church. I was told Happy Mother's Day many times at church and each mother got a red rose on the way out! It was so nice! After that, Spencer took me to get a cappuccino....yummm, where I was again told Happy Mother's Day several times. We love going to coffee shops, in case you still hadn't picked that up from previous posts, and it's always a treat for us to go since it doesn't happen too often. For some reason Ella Ann loves going too. She's always asking if we can go get some coffeeeeeeeeee! I frothed her milk the other day and she wasn't too thrilled about it, so I don't think she'll be a cappuccino lover any time soon! ha!

After Ella Ann's nap we went to Piedmont Park to enjoy the gorgeous afternoon. It was really windy so kites were flying everywhere and Ella Ann enjoyed that until they were all grounded because it got extremely windy. That evening Spencer made me dinner and I was itching to get into the kitchen and bake because I hadn't cooked in over a week. I scrounged up the ingredients to make a chocolate meringue pie for Spencer, which Ella Ann helped me make. All in all, it was a wonderful Mother's Day spent with my family.


Working on that yummy omelet!

I love Ella Ann's bedhead in the mornings!


Enjoying our breakfast together.


Off to church!


Sorry, no photo of the pie this time!

4 comments:

Jana said...

So glad I got a bite of that wonderful PIE! :) I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. I did too! We sure are loved by our baby girls, aren't we?! :)

Jana said...

...oh and by our husbands too. :)

Mandy said...

How fun! I am so glad you had a good day. We are definitely blessed to have sweet children and husbands!
We loved having you all here last weekend...we had fun!
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie-

We haven't checked your blog in some time. We cannot believe how Ella Ann has grown! She is so beautiful and obviously has quite a personality! You three have so much fun! Tell Spencer we said hello! Glad you had a happy mother's day!

Kev and Andrea