Sunday, December 02, 2007

See Graga (Grandpa) Mimi!!

This is what Ella Ann kept saying to me all day Friday as we patiently awaited my parents to get here! Unfortunately they didn't make it down in time to see Ella Ann before she was fast asleep, but we got up and out of the house early Saturday morning and met them for breakfast at their hotel. Even though Spencer and I just saw them a few days ago they still needed to make it down here for an Ella Ann fix to at least hold them over until Christmas! We hung out at our house while they played with Ella Ann after getting home from breakfast then we headed to my favorite restaurant, Nuevo Laredo Cantina, for lunch! My Dad hadn't been there before but my Mom had so she was also very anxious to get her favorite... lobster tacos!! Once Ella Ann went down for her nap, my parents and I hit the mall to finish up our Christmas shopping. We pretty much got everything all while getting some pretty good deals!

We went to a restaurant that none of us had been to before for dinner Saturday night called Pie Bar. It is a really, really neat pizza joint that is in an old bank building from the 1960s, which means it's very retro and sits "in the sky" right along I75. We each got our own customized pizza that was wonderfully delicious! Ella Ann had a grand time too watching them make pizzas and watching all the cars zoom by on the Interstate!

Ella Ann had such a good time, as did Spencer and I, with my parents and she was so upset to see them leave before we went to church this morning. Good thing it will only be a few more weeks before we see them again! Thanks again for the fun time!

Ella Ann showing Mimi the Christmas tree at their hotel Saturday morning.



Reading one of Ella Ann's favorite books, an ABC scrapbook full of pictures of family, friends, and stickers that her Aunt Mandy made her for her birthday.


She loves to be glamorous in Mimi's sunglasses......
and wear my high heels around the house!

Grandpa trying to persuade Ella Ann to give him a big kiss, which she did twice but I couldn't capture it!

Awwwwww!

She loves to drink out of her own cup and straw now. This will keep her entertained at a restaurant for quite some time! It was a genius idea!



We put up our Christmas tree on Wednesday night so here are some pictures from the festivities! All Ella Ann kept saying to Spencer was, "No, I do it!" or "Here, here, I heppp you Daddy!!!!", while he was trying so very hard to get our tree fixed just perfectly. She loves to help us do anything! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her sitting on his back while he was laying down on the floor getting the tree trunk properly in the stand, but I was holding the tree.

We decorated our tree after we put her to bed so when Ella Ann woke up the next morning she got to see it all lit up and decorated. She LOVES it and looks at all the ornaments and tells us what they are about 10 times a day!


I put her in her Christmas dress on Friday to hopefully get a good enough picture to use on our Christmas card. This isn't it, but it was so cute I had to post it!

No comments: