Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Relaxing Weekend....Finally!

This weekend was the first time in over two months that we were at home together as a family! We just sat around (sort of) and played, listened to Christmas music, Spencer watched ballgames, all three of us baked Christmas cookies and Ella Ann and I made Oreo cookie bark, got coffee at Starbucks after church on Sunday, and that's about it! Ella Ann and I delivered some Christmas goodies we made to our neighbors in our building and took some to church for a few of our friends. Ella Ann always wants to help me cook and gets excited when I tell her it's time to cook! She loves smelling all the herbs and spices I use and will name them but will refuse to try anything we make unless it's a vegetable! ha! Yesterday was the exception because Spencer handed her a candy cane (wrapped) and Ella Ann figured out how to tear it open and went right to town sucking on it! You would have thought we'd given her gold! I thought she would devour the entire thing but she only kept it in her mouth for a couple of minutes and then she was done. Believe me, though, 2 minutes of a candy cane with a toddler was enough because she had stained her clothes, face, and hands pink!

On Friday I kept Mara Kate and we had so much fun with her! She is such a good little girl and it was wonderful for Ella Ann to have a playmate all day.....and for me because I was able to get some things done around the house! The girls have always played well together and now they have started to converse with one another. It is so cute! Since Spencer was on call that day/evening, I went to our church's family Christmas party at a family's house near our church. Since it was an adults only party, they provided childcare for us at the church. I knew I was risking it by taking Ella Ann to our church's nursery (which she hates) to stay by herself past her bedtime but I did it anyway. The party was so nice and I was Kane and Jana's third wheel, but they didn't mind! I went to pick Ella Ann up at 8:30 (I was the first to leave) and the poor girl was asleep on a nursery worker's lap in a dark room by themselves!!! The last time Ella Ann slept in anyone's arms was when she was a newborn! I'm not kidding either! They said she didn't do well at all so I felt so bad! I guess I won't be doing anything like that anytime soon!

Our church is having their annual Christmas music service tonight so we are going to try and keep Ella Ann with us because it's the story of Christ's birth through music and we think she will enjoy it.

This week we will just be getting ready to leave for our usual tour of Kentucky and Tennessee visiting all of our family in a matter of 4 days because that's all Spencer has off of work. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone and sharing the holiday with them and eating lots of good food! In case I don't post again this week have a Merry Christmas!!!!



Ella Ann insisted that Mara Kate hold her hand for the picture! They are both saying "CHEEEEEESE!"


Taking a quick dance break!


They really do hug and kiss on each other every time they are together! Jana and I love that they have been best friends since they were born! We pray that they will always remain close!



"Ohhh Mommy, why have you been keeping such an amazing food away from my lips?????"


"No pictures please, I'm trying to concentrate!!!"


Stirring the cookie batter with Daddy.


Watching Mommy roll the dough. She kept saying "Brownies Mommy!!"

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Spencer cooking?!?!! I'm impressed! Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend. I hope Ella Ann enjoyed the music tonight. We can't wait to see you all in less than a week!!

Love,
Mandy