Sunday, November 25, 2007

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!

Spencer and I spent our Thanksgiving holiday with my parents in Disney World this year. We started going on trips over Thanksgiving several years ago but since we had Ella Ann we haven't been able to go these last 2 years. I met my father-in-law in Tennessee on Sunday so I could give him Ella Ann for the week. Spencer and I had a really fun day on Monday just hanging out and enjoying each other's company for a change! We went to bed super early on Monday night and got up at 1:15 a.m. to drive to Orlando so that we would be at the gates as soon as MGM Studios opened at 9:00 a.m.!! It was not a bad drive at all and we made it to the gate at 8:30 in the morning! We hit the parks hard on Tuesday and wore ourselves out! It was soooo fun! My Mom and Dad flew down early Wednesday morning so we were back at the parks again that day with them. It's way more fun to be at Disney with my parents because we are all always on the same page about what we want to ride, where we want to eat, what we definitely don't want to do, etc. I know we wore my poor parents out because they were dragging by 10 a.m. on Saturday after getting to the Magic Kingdom early so we could hurry up and ride all the rides we wanted to before the masses came! We had them up and at em' every single morning! Poor kids, they were quite the troopers though! :)

We did eat a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (at least Spencer and my Dad did) on Thursday night at The Flying Fish on Disney's Boardwalk. They LOVED their turkey meal and Mom and I loved our salmon and scallops! Mom and I figured we could eat turkey any day so why not eat something better?!?!

Spencer and I got our Disney fix in a really big way and were really ready to come home and see Ella Ann! It was an awesome time with my parents in my favorite place in the world and I will probably be ready to go back in a couple of days but we sure were glad to get back home and see Ella Ann on Sunday!! She had such a good time with her Nana and Papa for a week and I know she will miss them like crazy and ask for them for at least a week! Thanks again to both Gary and Gayla for being so kind to keep Ella Ann and taking such good care of her and to my parents for a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving!

I took quite a fiew pictures so click HERE to view them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.