Sunday, October 07, 2007

And Away We Go Again

On Wednesday of last week Ella Ann and I hit the road once again and made the long trip to my parent's house in Kentucky. We haven't been home on a weekend in over a month, but it is well worth it because we are going to fun places and anything is better than sitting at home by ourselves! We stayed with my parents Wednesday through the following Monday because Spencer was going to be gone throughout the week with work and was going to Toccoa again for the weekend to work at the hospital. I thought it would be a great time for the girls to see my parents again while he was busy.

Unfortunately, Ella Ann came down with a stomach virus on Tuesday. It was the first time she has ever really been sick, but I have to say I never gagged once, which was what I have been fearing! I guess when it's your own child everything, even disgusting things, aren't as bad. She vomited her brains out, though! hahahaa! We couldn't go to my Bible study on Wednesday morning, so we just went ahead and left that morning. I packed a bag just in case she got sick again with a backup bobbie, clothes, Febreeze, and a big towel, but thankfully none of it had to be used! She was kind of puny throughout the trip, but was fine. So far the rest of us are not sick. Yeay!

We had a really good week and weekend with my Mom and Dad. Ella Ann was entertained all the time with the toys we leave there and, of course, a few new ones! Her Mimi and Grandpa played with her, colored with her, walked around the neighborhood with her, pushed her in a tricycle, cooked with her (her new favorite activity), and danced with her! My Dad had bought Ella Ann a miniature card table and chairs (Disney of course) so she would have something to color on and work her puzzles while at their house. She LOVED it! I forget that it's probably not that easy for her to sit on the floor all the time and play! We also visited both my Mom and Dad's work so everyone could see how much Ella Ann has grown, went out to eat for lunch and dinner a few times, and drove the 45 minutes to Evansville, Indiana to do a little shopping and eat an early dinner on Saturday afternoon. Ella Ann even got to sit in a Z car in the showroom at my Dad's dealership! She kept wanting to get in it and "drive"!

She also enjoyed spending some quality time, as usual, with Dottie (one of my parent's beloved cats)! She would say "Come Dottie, come!!" and when we were outside Mimi taught her to call Dottie and Ella Ann would yell, "Kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty!!!!!" It was so cute! She also got to show off her singing abilities to her grandparents by singing "Twinkle, Twinkle" all the way through, the alphabet, "Mary Had a Little Lamb", and "I Love You", which she always says is "Carter's song" because that is what he sang for all of us in Hilton Head!

The time passed fast while we were there but it was time to go home on Monday and see Spencer. I hated that he had to go to Toccoa and sit by himself during downtime from his work while at the hotel. I know he was really bored and missed us being there to entertain him! ha! Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for the nice visit!
Ella Ann was ready to play with Dottie every morning! Poor cat!
Coloring with Mimi and Grandpa on her new table.

Playing with a new felt board one morning. She looks so much like Spencer in this picture!


When we visit my Dad at work he always has lots of balloons to give to her!

She really liked playing in the Z car!

The keys are all I need!


We met up with some of my parent's friends at Applebee's one night.

Enjoying some spaghetti at our favorite Italian restaurant.

My Dad taught her to "salute!" with their drinks! She said it really well!


She would take her pillow out of her bed and lay down on it in the living room, so my Mom joined her!


She kept saying "NO!" to Dottie, who she thought was trying to eat her popsicle!

My Dad and I finally found a taker for the orange ones!
Helping my Mom and I cook one evening. She loves to sit on the counter when I do anything now, even just when I pour a glass of water!


It's dance party U.S.A. at the Simms' household!

Ella Ann took a few spins on the small carousel at the mall in Evansville. She was so stoic, but as soon as it was time to get off she went crazy and wanted to keep riding it! She didn't look like she was enjoying it but looks were deceiving!



She really, really wanted to ride the big carousel after she rode the dinky boat and train!


Ella Ann and Dottie.



My Dad was blaring his new Elvis CD in the car and when my Mom opened the door Ella Ann started breaking it down!

A picture on the deck before church Sunday morning.



The rocking tricycle turns into a push tricycle too, which Ella Ann loved!

One of us was always having to push her around on it!

1 comment:

Jana said...

WOW! Lots of great pics! Looks like you all had a really great time. I'm so glad you got to make this trip, but as always, we are glad you are back home too!

We missed you two girls! See you tomorrow!

~Jana