Friday, June 29, 2007

Week-End Review

Okay, so once Spencer and I got home from Lake Oconee, we pretty much, or I did at least, hit the ground running and didn't stop until Friday afternoon. VBS was at our church this week and even though I missed the first two days, they still had me as an assistant teacher to the 5th/6th grade class. I jumped right in on Wednesday morning after dropping Ella Ann off at the nursery, which she loved. I had a really, really good time helping out with VBS. The kids are always so cute, especially the 2 and 3 year olds because they try so hard to sing the songs and do the motions to them! The theme this year was Summer Seaquest so all the decorations and crafts were nautical based. Next year Ella Ann will be old enough to participate and I cannot wait! I'm sure I'll cry and cry when I see her dressed in her VBS t-shirt to match the rest of the kids!!
After VBS on Wednesday, I went over to Jana's new apartment and helped her scrub it clean so they could move in on Thursday. I picked Mara Kate up on Thursday morning on our way to VBS and kept her all day while Kane and Jana moved. Spencer helped them move too, which ended up being a very, very strenuous job for all involved because the elevator to their 4th floor apartment was broken so they had to carry every single thing up 4 flights of stairs! Good thing I had it easy and babysat all day! :) Mara Kate and Ella Ann had SO much fun together and it was truely a treat for me to keep Mara Kate. On our way home from VBS on Thursday, the girls passed their snacks back and fourth in the backseat, which was so sweet! They ate lunch together and took awesome naps! I was able to get a lot of my work done for my new job while they slept, which I didn't expect! They played, read, ate a snack, and chased each other all around the house laughing and squealing! I laughed at them all day! It was wonderful having entertainment for Ella Ann all afternoon! Spencer was pooped when he got home from helping them move, so it was a good thing we had already celebrated our anniversary because he was even too tired to eat supper!
I have also been pretty busy with work this week, so getting everything done this week has been kinda hectic!


Several people thought I had twins while I was at VBS and I pretty much did for a day! I loved looking in my rear view mirror and seeing my girls!

They both had to eat the same thing for lunch at the same time or else crying ensued!



Having a grand ole time together!


Mara Kate has always loved Ella Ann's car and she camped out on it most of the time!


Dancing to some tunes Baby Tad was playing!

Ella Ann was chasing Mara Kate before she landed in the chair! Ella Ann is laughing in this picture and I hated that I didn't get both of their smiles! It's so neat and fun to watch them really play together now!


Both of the girls wanted in my lap to read! So sweet!


Spencer took our picture before we left for VBS Friday morning. I dressed Ella Ann in her "nautical" outfit to fit the theme for our last day.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

What a great week! It sounds like you all had a fun and busy week. The girls are so cute together...I'm sure they will be great friends as they get older. We miss you all and hope to see you soon!

Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

I don't know what we would have done without you guys. These pics of the girls are SO CUTE! Thanks so much for all of your help.

We are at the beach, sleeping in and relaxing. Kane's uncle brought his computer to the beach, so I was just checking email and such. We'll talk to you soon!!