Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Fun Week in Kentucky

Ten days ago, which seems like forever and a day ago, Ella Ann and I left to go to Kentucky to stay with my parents. One of my good friends, Sara, got married that weekend so while Ella Ann stayed with her Nana and Papa, my parents and I got to enjoy a night out with old friends. I got to see several friends from high school that I hadn't seen in years and my parents got to do some catching up with some of there old friends too. It was a really nice, fun wedding and Sara looked so pretty! See the picture below! :)
The rest of the week was spent at my parent's house just hanging out and relaxing. We went out to lunch or dinner a few times, played in the yard everyday, Ella Ann got to eat her snack outside on the front porch every afternoon with Mimi, played in a little pool my parents got her, read lots of books, took long walks, and just played and played! Ella Ann is so bored right now at home! She was entertained 24/7 the entire time! My Dad's birthday was this past Thursday, so we went out to dinner to celebrate the night before at one of my favorite restaurants.

On Saturday Ella Ann and I hit the road again and headed to Spencer's aunt's house in central Kentucky for a family reunion of sorts. Since everyone is beginning to be scattered and/or adding to their family, Christmas and Thanksgiving are getting pretty large and often people cannot come so we did a big family get together yesterday and everyone came. It was soooo great to see everyone and we had a blast! The kids had so much fun playing together and all the adults got to enjoy good conversations and lots of good food! Even though it was really hot, we did get outside and play a few games, or at least the boys did, while the kids played in the hose. We headed back to our home early this morning and it is good to be back! Ella Ann walked in the front door and said "Yeay!!!!" Guess she missed home a little! Ohhh and she was soooo happy to see Spencer on Saturday! I know he really missed her, but I really appreciated him letting us visit with family for an entire week! I think he didn't mind too much having the house to himself for a little while and going out with friends!

I took a lot of pictures so enjoy!

This was taken the Saturday Ella Ann spent with her Nana and Papa. They have a play doctor's kit and Ella Ann loved the glasses! Too funny!


Several friends at Sara's wedding.




My parents and I. The wedding was outside, by the way.


Sara and her dad danced to Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight", as did my Dad and I at my wedding, so he took me for a spin in the garden while they danced. Old memories!


Sara, the beautiful bride!



Ella Ann would run up to Dottie, wave, and say "hiiiiiiiiiii!"


Ella Ann loved my Mom's water wand! She wanted to do everything her Mimi was doing, including picking the dying Petuina's and watering them.....

.....hence the dead flower in her hair! She would get really close to drinking the water, but got to scared to put it directly up to her mouth.

This is the aftermath of Ella Ann playing with the water wand! Not too happy about drenching herself!



Every night my Dad would play music and Ella Ann would dance and dance and dance! She would shake her hips back and fourth so fast we thought they would fly off! I'm not exaggerating either!



My Dad is a really good dancer, but he had to alter his style for Ella Ann!

Playing with Mimi's hat and makeup brush. She carried a makeup brush around the house daily and would "powder her nose"!


So much for the hat!



Eating watermelon on the front porch with Mimi.


Ohhhh that watermelon is good!!!!

My Mom is a vacuuming machine, so she shared her expertise with Ella Ann!


Ella Ann received her very first babydoll/Cabbage Patch Kid last week. It came with a carseat and bottle (new and improved since I was little!). I handed Ella Ann the bottle and she immediately put it to her baby's mouth! It was the sweetest thing! She loves her Jalynn Kierra! Nope, CPK hasn't come up with any pretty names yet for those of you who were wondering!


She was also attacked by a sticker book last week!


This is a few of us hanging out outside yesterday with the family. Spencer was trying to get Ella Ann aquainted with a spray Elmo!


When a familiar water wand was put on the hose then she would play with it, as would a few of the other kids!


Drinking water with Clisty. So cute!




Ella Ann, Carter, and Thatcher parked it in front of the tv to (somewhat) watch Cars!




2 comments:

Jana said...

You got some REALLY cute pictures! MK ate watermelon this week too---and loved it! :)

I know you all had a great time relaxing and just hanging out---but, I am GLAD you are home! We have missed you!

Mandy said...

Cute pictures!! We have a picture of Carter in the same doctor glasses! It was great to see you all on Saturday...hopefully it won't be too long before we see you all again!
Love,
Mandy