Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Very Sweet Husband

Spencer and I's 4th anniversary is this Thursday and this past Saturday afternoon Spencer informed me that his parents were coming down on Sunday morning and keeping Ella Ann while he took me on a surprise vacation! I thought it would never happen!! :) Just kidding, Spencer!!! Anyway, I never figured out where we were going until we drove up to the hotel entrance! We went to the Ritz-Carlton Resort on Lake Oconee, which is about 75 miles west of Atlanta. Ohhh my goodness it was so lovely! The hotel was beautiful and we were treated so well by their staff! The hotel sits on the banks of Lake Oconee in Reynolds Plantation and is surrounded by nationally renowned golf courses. We went on a hike around the property on Monday morning and spent some time at their infinity pool each day. We mainly just enjoyed each other's company for a change!
They had wonderful spa facilities, but Spencer and I couldn't really afford the amenities there! ha! I did get to go to a class at their gym on Tuesday morning, so that was fun for me! The hotel was very family oriented, so there were all kinds of activities for kids and the adults enjoyed them too! For example, Spencer and I made smores by the nightly campfire with other families both nights! It was so much fun!
So thank you to my very thoughtful husband who managed to pull this whole thing off without me having a clue and for such a great time! We are so thankful for Gary and Gayla taking time off of work to come down to our home and keep Ella Ann. It was so, so very kind of them and we are truly grateful!!!!
It was also my parent's 30th anniversary this past Monday, so Happy Anniversary!

This is the entrance to the hotel. I'm sure you can imagine how out of place we felt pulling up in our '99 Maxima! hahahahaaa!


Back of the hotel. This is the path we walked up and down to get to their pool and the campfire area is in the top left-hand corner.


Spencer and I both took advantage of the robes provided for us in our room each day! :)





Roasting marshmallows on Sunday night. Yummmmmy!


On the way to our room from the pool one night.


Me in the infinity pool.




A better view of what the pool looked like.


A view of the grounds. The pool area is in the distance.

I was pushing Spencer on a swing. We didn't have anyone to take our picture so Spencer was our photographer!

The following pictures I had to also post because they are so cute! Spencer took a few pictures of Ella Ann vacuuming with me last week! She loves doing anything and everything I do!


My Dad bought Ella Ann this bodysuit that was fitted with foam padding for her to swim in. We put it on her for the first time last week and she hated it! Ohhh but she looked hilarious in it so we took pictures! I laughed so hard I was crying!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you all were able to get away and enjoy some time alone! Spencer did a great job planning it for you so that it would be a surprise. Great pictures! Hope you guys have a good rest of the week!

Love,
Mandy