Thursday, May 10, 2007

Funny Girl

I had to post to let everyone know what a funny girl we have! We are always laughing at her about something, but this story takes the cake! Ella Ann is now starting to respond to our questions, usually with a "no" because she doesn't know how to say "yes" yet, but she pretty much understands what we ask her or tell her to do. I know what she says will get even funnier as she starts to get older, but this is her first "official" funny remark! Okay, last night I was putting Ella Ann to bed. We have the same routine that we do for naps and bedtime every single time, so she knows what's going on and what to expect. We first read several books, or sometimes one book over and over and over, then we sing, and lastly we pray. After we say our prayer, we will end it as "in Christ's name", obviously followed by "Amen". She knows how to say "Amen", but last night after I said "in Christ's name", Ella Ann didn't respond with an "Amen" right away so I asked her, "What do you say?". Ella Ann looked up at me and said, "Please???". I think God will appreciate her manners!

2 comments:

Jana said...

That's too cute! They try so hard to get it right---but I know we confuse them sometimes. ;)

Mandy said...

What a cute story!! It is so funny to hear all the crazy things that they say. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Love,
Mandy