Wednesday, May 23, 2007

From Coast to Coast

Spencer, Ella Ann, and I have had a lot of fun these last few days. Spencer went to San Francisco to present his research at a pulmonary convention on Saturday and took the red eye home last night. From what little information I gathered from him over the phone and this morning on the way home from the airport, he had a really good time, ate good food, went to Chinatown, saw the Golden Gate Bridge, did a few other touristy things with some friends, and ran into one of his old medical school friends from UK that was also out there for the convention.

While he was enjoying the beauty and fun in San Francisco, my Mom, Ella Ann, and I drove to Charleston to have a girls weekend. We were there from Saturday until Tuesday and squeezed everything in that we possibly could within those days. Since our hotel, which was beautiful by the way, was in the heart of the historic district of Charleston, we were able to walk everywhere, and walk we did! We did some heavy duty shopping on King's Street, ate shrimp, or I did, and other seafood until our hearts content every day, went to Market Street each morning for a cappuccino and some vendor street shopping, went on an amazing tour of historic Charleston, and did some more shopping!!! My Mom and I absolutely LOVED Charleston and we now want to either move there or go there tons of times each year for vacation; however, both of those options are not possible because it's so expensive! :) We had perfect weather each day and enjoyed being outside for all of it. Ella Ann did very, very well throughout the trip and slept fine in the room for naps and at night. She loved trying to push her stroller down the crowded sidewalks on King Street, playing in a park that was close to us, seeing a bazillion horses because of all the carriage tours throughout the city, playing with Mimi, playing in the pool, and sitting in her stroller while it was parked in the room! As soon as Ella Ann would wake up in the morning she would go straight to her stroller, get up in it, and say "go!" She loved getting out and about and seeing all the fun sights in Charleston. It was sad to leave such a fun vacation, but we hope we can do it again next year. Thanks, Mom, for all you did for Ella Ann and I!! We had SOOOO much fun and miss you already!!!!

Below are quite a few pictures from our trip. Gary and Gayla got Spencer and I a fantastic new camera for our birthdays and I got to take it to Charleston! I loved playing with all the "scenes" you can use to capture the best photo and I think I did a pretty good job! Thanks again for such a great gift for us! It is AWESOME! Ohhh and Spencer took a few pictures in San Fran, so if they are any good I will post them later!



This picture and the picture below are looking down both directions on King Street. These are just a few of the shops! I'm telling you, the street was endless!







Ella Ann loving the park we went to on the first day we were there!



Waiting outside Hyman's Seafood for dinner our first night.




Walking down the street with Mimi. Ella Ann only paused during her days for a nap! She was nonstop action all day everyday!




Ready to go at 7:15 a.m.!




She also loved to stand at the window with her bucket and watch the people at the pool one floor below us. The room itself was very entertaining to her!




In front of the Charleston Place Hotel.




Ella Ann enjoyed looking at all the flowers everywhere we went.




This is a picture from our tour. The bay, which was filled with all kinds of sailboats and yahts, was to our left and several historic homes on the right. The pictures I took on our tour and of Charleston in general didn't do it's beauty justice, so I didn't post too many.



This is of what is known as "Rainbow Row", which is a street filled with multi-colored homes from the 1700s.




Playing pattycake at the dinner table at A.W. Shucks.




Outside of A.W. Shucks on Market Street.




Ella Ann couldn't even stop for one picture with me while shopping on King's Street! If we got her out of the stroller we could NOT get her back in!


A quick picture before she took off down the sidewalk!



"HORSE!!! HORSE!!! HORSE!!!" was all that came out of Ella Ann's mouth when we would walk down the street! I finally got her out so she could pet "Big Al" one afternoon. I believe that to be the highlight of the trip for her!!!



Lounging in her new float in the pool. She was so serious the entire time in the pool, but she never wanted to get out!






Splashing on the edge of the pool.



Ella Ann and Mimi.




Playing peek-a-boo with me in the bathroom!




Having a grand time at Coast on our last night. It was my Mom and I's favorite place we ate at in Charleston.




Church bells were constantly ringing all day and in the early evening. Some had just rung so I was trying to get Ella Ann to say "ding dong". I think she got it!




We stopped in the park for a little while before we headed back to the hotel after our dinner at Coast so that Ella Ann could play there one last time. I LOVE this picture!


My Mom was chasing Ella Ann in this picture. She loved being attacked by the tickle monster!




I also love this picture of her and my Mom!!!!




I was trying to pull Ella Ann away from the baseball game some college students were playing because she wanted to go chase after the balls!



In the flowers, once again, outside of our hotel before we left Tuesday morning.

1 comment:

Jana said...

It looks like you all had a GREAT time! :) So glad you got to go---but am glad you are back home too! 'Cause we have MISSED you girls!