Sunday, April 22, 2007

Papa and Nana Time

Spencer's parents came down this weekend to see us. I felt like we hadn't had in visitors for a while, or maybe it's Spencer's long hours, but I was so happy to have company!! Spencer had Friday night off, so I made dinner for us and Ella Ann got to enjoy some time with her Papa and Nana. They brought her a big bubble maker and an animal book so she was very entertained with her new stuff! She is still loving her books and always enjoys new ones, which I do too because I'm the one that has to read them to her 50 times a day! :) We got outside on Saturday while poor Gary fixed our shelves that had collapsed upon one another in our storage closet!

Spencer and his parents took Ella Ann out to lunch at a restaurant in the park on Saturday while I participated in Climb Atlanta. For those of you I didn't hit up for money and don't know about Climb Atlanta, I climbed 116 flights (55 floors) to the top of the Bank of America building downtown. It was really fun because they had all kinds of fun things going outside of the race, including a jazz band and food to pump us up! I was the 261st person to hit the steps and, although I don't know my exact time yet, I think I made it to the top in about 10 minutes. I'll post my time when I find out. Anyway, it was super fun, even though my lungs were on fire by about the 5th floor! It was to benefit the American Lung Association, so thank you to all that contributed!!!! I did survive!

Okay, so back on the family, before Spencer went to work on Saturday night we went to dinner at a really good southwestern-type restaurant that I had previously taken my parents to when they came down. They visited with Ella Ann and I for a little while that night and then headed back to Kentucky on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, it was a short visit that passed too fast, but it was fun and I'm glad they came! It wasn't a sad goodbye either because we will be seeing them again this coming weekend!

Ohh and on a funny side note, I put Ella Ann in a dress for church this morning and after I had put her shoes and sweater on, she stood up, looked right at me, and said "pretty"! Maybe I should start focusing on her "inner beauty" instead! hahahaa!

Ella Ann would have rather touched all the flowers than sit in her Nana's lap!


Handing me a dead leaf!

She refused to put the blanket down for a quick picture before we went to dinner!




Such a ham for the camera!

Playing with some of her toys.


Gayla told Ella Ann to go get her purse so she could take her picture and Ella Ann did just as she had asked and ran up to the camera, stopped, and posed!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey Katie, I'm glad you all had a good weekend. I know Mom and Dad enjoyed their time with you guys so much! Ella Ann looks like such a big girl in those pictures. It is amazing how quickly they change! I can't wait to see you guys next weekend!
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

That baby looks delicious and I'm higher up on the food chain.