Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gardening 101 with Ella Ann

Yesterday Ella Ann and I went to Lowe's Gardening Center, which she absolutely loved and said "wower" no less than 600 times, and picked up some Impatients and silver ivy to plant in my big pot that sits outside of our front door. Last year I grew a huge Impatient plant that stayed in bloom for nearly the entire year so I am hoping to have the same luck this year, I say luck because I have no green thumb. Since Ella Ann is obsessed with flowers, I thought she would enjoy helping me plant them. We don't have a small shovel, so I used plastic cups to dig the dirt. I gave her a cup, which she immediately started to try and drink out of. She did not enjoy the dirt whatsoever and kept coming to me to have me wipe it off her hands. She mainly just sat on the curb and watched me work while she read a book on the importance of taking care of your teeth by Dr. Seuss. Okay, so the main points I took away from Ella Ann when it comes to gardening are as follows: 1) Do not get dirty, 2) Wear a stylish hat (preferably a Disney princess one) and if you have trouble with the first 2, then the best lesson is 3) Let someone else do it while you sit back and watch them do all the work! It is obvious that she takes after the Simms family when it comes to performing manual labor!


Trying to get the dirt off of her hands.

Reading her Dr. Seuss.

I couldn't get her to smile! :(

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Too cute! She and Carter have the same feelings about getting their hands dirty...he doesn't like it either! We hope to see you guys soon!
Love,
Mandy