Sunday, April 15, 2007

Our Weekend

This weekend was the annual Dogwood Festival at the park we always go to in the city. Friday was such a beautiful day so we went that afternoon and checked everything out. The park was filled with tents that housed artwork from local artists, clothes, glassware, wood carvings, etc. to admire (for us) or buy (not us!). They also had all kinds of foods and treats to enjoy and many places gave away free samples and coupons, which of course we, more so me, hit up at every corner! Spencer was embarrassed by my handfuls of crackers, protein bars, coffee, chips, lotion, etc. that I carried away from the tents, but then he'd pass something he wanted and would make me go and get a sample for him! :) As my Dad would say, you never pass up a drive by, and I do not!

Once we made our way through the Festival, we threw out a blanket and enjoyed some much-needed time together as a family. Ella Ann LOVES the park and running around in the grass is a favorite activity for her.

On Saturday, Ella Ann and I made a trip up to Tennessee to attend an open house a very old friend of mine had at her new home. She recently got married and had a small wedding, so she did an open house for her and her family's close friends. I hadn't seen Molly or her family since my wedding, so I was thrilled to get to hang out with them and they got to finally meet Ella Ann. My parents also drove down and met us at Molly's house. Ella Ann was SO excited to see them and she kept saying "Mimi" and "aaapa" while we were on our way to Tennessee. She gave them a huge hug when she saw them and didn't leave their side while at Molly's, which was fantastic for me because I got to eat lots of great desserts and talk with friends! Afterwards, my parents and I grabbed a bite to eat and then we parted ways. It was a treacherous drive home with all the bad weather, but thankfully we made it home safely.

A quick pic at the Festival.


Ella Ann would take all the samples out of the stroller and pile them under the tree. In this picture she is bringing me back a cigarette butt that she had picked up! At least she brought it to me! Normally, she would have just gone ahead and put it in her mouth!! :)



There was no resting for Spencer at the park with Ella Ann around!

Checking out all of my coupons I picked up!




Molly and I at her home.


Ella Ann with Grandpa and Mimi.

No comments: