Sunday, March 18, 2007

Time With Mimi

Last Thursday, my Mom (Mimi) came down to stay with us. Spencer had an interview to go to, so it was just us girls Thursday night and Friday. Ella Ann got to drag Mimi ALL around the aquarium on Friday and nearly wore her out! Going to the aquarium is not much fun when Ella Ann goes along! She is much more interested in climbing on the fake rocks, benches, touching the waterfalls, and running in the open areas! She does enjoy looking at the tanks, but only for about 2.2 seconds, which gives the rest of us time to see about 1 fish! I know my Mom enjoyed it all, though, and got to see (and touch!) some sea life!

We went out to dinner to a fun Asian restaurant where you make your own stir-fry bowls on Friday night. Since Spencer got home that night, we all went to a fabulous brunch on Saturday morning and Mom and I did some shopping that afternoon. Since Spencer's beloved Louisville Cardinals were playing late Saturday afternoon, he couldn't join us for dinner at a really neat Mexican restaurant. I think Ella Ann's favorite cuisine is Mexican because each time I feed her festive foods, she gobbles them down! She loved the black beans, refried beans, and rice we gave her, along with all the other foods we brought!

We went to church on Sunday morning and my Mom left after that. We had such a good time with her and I really enjoyed being able to spend a few days with just the girls (sorry Spencer!). My very sweet husband put up with all of us for 2 full days and didn't complain once! :) We were sad to see Mimi leave, and Ella Ann cried in the car on the way home from church and kept calling for her Mimi. The good news is that we will be traveling to Kentucky this week to stay with my parents, so we won't miss them for much longer! Thanks again, Mom!

Here are a few pictures that I quickly snapped at the aquarium and the last one I took before we left for church on Sunday.





1 comment:

Jana said...

I'm glad that you had a good visit with your mom here and hope you are enjoying your time with her up at her house now. Have fun with the shower you are doing and we hope to see you girls again SOON! (lets get together next week!!)