Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kentucky Shower

Last week, Ella Ann and I hauled it up to Kentucky for a visit with my parents. The main reason I went home was because my Mom and I were throwing an old friend of mine, who is getting married in June, a kitchen shower. I went home on Wednesday so that I could help my Mom with all of the preparations and to have a nice long visit. Ella Ann did great traveling and had a blast with Grandpa and Mimi, as usual! She went and stayed with her Nana and Papa on Friday so that my Mom and I could start cooking and running lots of errands. I know Ella Ann enjoyed her time with them and I REALLY enjoyed the time I had all by myself! My Mom and I ate at my favorite Chinese restaurant that afternoon and my parents and I enjoyed a a nice, long Italian dinner that wasn't at 5:30!! I actually got to eat dinner with the younger population for a change and not eat the Blue Plate Special! ha!

The shower on Saturday was SO much fun! I think Sara had a really good time too! :) We ate all kinds of good food and had a wonderful "present" (see below) cake! Sara got lots of fun gifts and we played some games and gave out prizes. I even got to get Sara back and embarrass her by making her wear her bow bouquet on her head! If I could only post a picture of what she made me wear at the bridal shower she had for me you would understand why I wanted to get a little revenge! hehehee! Sara was a good sport, though, but she said I was uninvited to the wedding! :) Ella Ann had a good time with some new pals at the shower. One of my friends has a little girl that is 1 year older than Ella Ann and one of Sara's friends brought her little girl that was 1. They enjoyed playing together and climbing on the couch!

We got home on Sunday afternoon and Spencer had the day off so he was able to enjoy some long overdue time with his daughter! I brought home some plastic eggs for an Easter egg hunt we are going to next Sunday after church and Spencer hid the eggs all around the house for Ella Ann and got out her Easter basket so she could practice hunting! She caught on to the concept very quickly and it entertained her for quite some time!

I posted a lot of pictures, so enjoy!



Ella Ann's Uncle Craig and Aunt Kasey bought these adorable Sketchers for her for Christmas and we were able to get them out last week! They look so cute on her and she wears them everywhere! She loves wearing them too and stomping around the house in them! It makes her look like such a big girl! :(



Kit Kat got a good swipe at Ella Ann after this picture was taken! Poor girl, scared her half to death but it didn't stop her from trying to pet her again! Kit Kat is just too old to be friendly!






My Dad said I needed to post of picture of him NOT wearing a t-shirt or sweatshirt so that people know he's not a slouch. Everyone, this is my Dad looking nice! :)



For some reason, she likes to perch herself in the fridge everytime it is opened!






This was taken before the shower started.




She was very interested in everything on the deck!




This was Sara's yummy present cake! It was all icing! Sara's colors are navy and Kelly green, so hence the green cake.




Ella Ann playing with Mattie.




Ally, Mattie, and Ella Ann all climbed up on the couch by themselves for this photo op!




Me, Sara, my friend Leigh's mom, and Mandy. Old high school buddies, minus Leigh!

Sorry Sara, had to post it!

No comments: