Sunday, March 11, 2007

Battle Wounds From the Park

Today the 3 of us spent the afternoon playing around at the park. It was in the mid 70s here, so we had to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather! I have been taking Ella Ann these past couple of weeks to different parks and playgrounds and she has been having SO much fun! She loves climbing around all the playground equipment, although I have to bend and squeeze in several different compartments, bridges, slides, etc. so that I make sure she doesn't fall of of them or try and run down the slide (she doesn't understand the whole sitting and sliding down concept)! Yes, I am the over protective mom that you see chasing around their child on the teeny tiny play gym and going down the 3 foot slide!! Ohh well, the things I just have to do for Ella Ann! Anyway, the parks have also been great for Ella Ann because it is like setting a wild animal free! I get her out of the stroller and she takes off. She was introduced to real live geese on Friday at the park, which she went absolutely crazy over screaming and pointing "GOOSE!!", "GOOSE!!", "GOOSE!!!!!!!" as she bounced up and down!! Yeah, that was fun to tear her away from that scene! :)
So, back to my original story, since we have been going to parks often lately, she has gotten really familiar with dogs and loving them to pieces. She chases after them, no matter how far in the distance they are, and says "dooog"! She'll get so close to them that they end up licking her face, which she thinks is hilarious, as do I! A big bulldog gave her a kiss the other day and she had slobber hanging from her chin! Nope, the germ freak didn't flinch a bit! :) Okay, so Ella Ann spotted 2 miniature Yorkies today (she was holding my old cellphone and walking, by the way, quite the multitasker) and took off after them. The girls walking the dogs stopped so Ella Ann could catch up. Well, she got so excited that she took off running and fell flat on her face on the pavement....poor girl. Here is her injury....

She'll take a hit for a dog any darn day!

Yes, she is all smiles now! She recovered quickly after Spencer passed her her "bobie", a.k.a. her blanket, and was fine and dandy. Other than that, we had a great time watching Ella Ann experience spring outdoors!

**On a side note, please don't think I don't know how to organize paragraphs, captions, etc. This stupid blogger often does not want to cooperate so I end up publishing as is, which looks terrible I know!

1 comment:

Jana said...

OH--so sorry she got hurt at the park this afternoon...

I enjoyed the warm weather this afternoon by taking a 3 hour nap while Kane and MK played---I just needed to catch up on some lost sleep more than I needed to play outside, but we hope to hit a play ground or two sometime soon. :)