Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Just Two




This past weekend my parents came down for a visit. We had a great time with them and I completely forgot to take any pictures while they were here. They took Ella-Ann back with them for the week and I know she is having a ball because my Mom has already taken her to Chuck E. Cheese yesterday with another little girl, Briley, and her grandmother, Vicki. Rane, however, really misses his big sister. He keeps asking me where she is and, unfortunately, I have lied to him and told him she is at a friend's house for the week. He would be devastated if he found out that she was at Mimi and Grandpa's house. He was already crushed to see them leave with her on Sunday so I just told him they were taking her to stay with a friend. It worked out much better that way! On Sunday he was playing next to me and turned to me and said, "I want Ella-Ann." He has gotten used to her being around and playing with him all summer long. Also at dinner that evening he was saying the blessing and he asked God to "bring Ella-Ann home." Bless his little heart! It was so sweet.

I am going to take him to the Southeastern Railway Museum tomorrow in Duluth, which is about 18 miles away from where we live. He will love to see all the trains and I hope we will get to ride on one. He is such an easy kid and plays so well by himself that having just him and Pierson is a breeze. My house is quiet and peaceful! Without Ella-Ann there is no one to argue with but there is also no one for him to run around the house with so I think he is enjoying playing with his toys with no interruptions but he misses his playmate! While Ella-Ann is gone I open up her bedroom door and let Rane go to town with her toys! He destroys everything in her room when she is there to witness it but if he is by himself he plays very carefully. He gets lost in his imaginary world and will play for a while in her room.

We all look forward to when Ella-Ann gets home, even though we are enjoying the quietness!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love the sunglasses on Rane!! Those two look so cute together, but I know they miss their big sister. Pierson's big eyes are precious...I can't wait to hold her next week!
love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Gee we have not had a single argument with EA. Having a blast with her. Gets up at the right time and goes to bed on time too. I guess she is wore out from having so much fun with Mimi and Grandpa. I think we with might keep her another week. Love Dad