Sunday, July 10, 2011

Catch Up

This week was busy with the usual happenings, like errands and doctor appointments. I meant to post the below pictures of Pierson with a previous post, like from a week ago, but forgot. This was taken before church one Sunday when she was wearing Ella-Ann's dress...


Pierson discovered her feet a few weeks ago and now she is obsessed with them. Often when I get her up from a nap or in the morning her socks or pajama feet are soaking wet because she's been chewing on them for a while! She loves them and I love her baby feet too!

On the 4th of July, since Spencer and I were pooped from running and all the excitement that went along with the Peachtree Road Race, we just laid low around the house and let the kids stay up and do fireworks and sparklers. Craig and Kasey stopped in Tennessee to buy our fireworks since they are better there and they brought us a bunch of good ones. The kids loved the sparklers and that's about all we did because it rained really hard that afternoon and the big fireworks that Craig bought were way too loud and crazy with the tall trees surrounding our house so we only did one and that scared Rane enough to never want to be around another firework!



We also got the firepit going and made smores....

I mean, this kid loves smores!


On Saturday Rane was invited to a birthday party for his friend, Henry (my friend Megan's little boy). The theme was superhero so I bought Rane a Superman costume and he loved it! The invitation said siblings were welcome and princesses were considered superheros as well so when I told Ella-Ann this she immediately said, "Cinderella is a superhero! I am wearing that costume!" She was dressed for the party, that started at 10 a.m., at 7:30 yesterday morning! Her friend, Anna-Kate, was also dressed as Cinderella so those two girls had a ball together. I was really excited for Rane to be invited to a party. We do a lot for Ella-Ann because her friends are the children of my friends and their middle children are not too close in age to Rane so, besides PMO, he doesn't get out much! ha! He had so much fun at the party and indulged in the beautiful cupcakes Megan made before the party even started. I found him with his hands covered in white icing! I'm sure he also made a few rounds around Megan's house exploring everything and touching things he's probably not supposed to! When we got in the car to go home the first thing Rane said was, "I had SO MUCH FUN, MOMMY! What a great day!" It was so sweet that he had so much fun at a birthday party that HE was invited to!

The Cinderella's, Anna-Kate and Ella-Ann!


As soon as we arrived the kids got to decorate a lightening bolt cookie and make a mask.

I couldn't exactly yell across the table at Rane while we were all singing "Happy Birthday" to Henry so he stayed in the middle of Dave and Megan...right by the cupcakes, of course! I'm sure they will appreciate Rane being in their family photos!

1 comment:

Christy said...

This is so cute Katie! Your kids looked adorable! I was so sad to miss the party...Jack was going to be the Incredible Hulk :) Ha!