Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Don't fear, I am back! Our computer had a virus so it has been with the Geek Squad getting fixed for the last 4 days. Thank goodness I still had my phone....what would I do without Facebook for 4 days??? hahaha! First off, today is Spencer and I's anniversary! It is hard to believe we have been married for 8 years! I am thrilled to be going out to a nice dinner tonight with just one child! I will get to eat somewhat slowly and will only have to feed myself! This would be because Ella-Ann and Rane are in Tennessee for the ENTIRE week at their Nana and Papa's house! I do miss them, but I am just fine without them this week! It has been so strange to hear nothing except for Pierson cooing these last few days. When I get home from running errands I only have to make my own lunch for a change! I don't have to rush around for anything! It is funny the little things I have noticed that I can do....like leave my phone on the couch, computer open and the cabinets unlocked. My refrigerator is also very cold because I don't have two little people opening and shutting it all the time! My lettuce actually froze yesterday! ha! Yesterday alone I worked out, made blueberry scones, went to H&M and shopped slowwwwwwly, ate my lunch at home, made biscuits from scratch and honey butter, made a marinade for fish for dinner, went to Target and the bank, cleaned, did two loads of laundry, made dinner (grilled fish and veggies with rice) and orange julius' for dessert! It is absolutely amazing at what I can accomplish with just one child! It's so funny to think how hard I used to think it was taking care of just Ella-Ann when she was small but now that there are three of them going down to one is a breeze! Pierson is loving all the extra attention and I think she has found her voice, or at least can hear it now, because she is "talking" all the time...no one is around to interrupt her! It's so sweet.

So I will play catch up with my posts. We had VBS all last week, which was so much fun. Rane got to participate for the first time and he loved it! Ella-Ann would get in bed at night and every single night last week she would say, "I don't want to go to sleep, I wish I was at VBS right now!" She had a ball, to say the least! Rane put up some fussiness the first day at drop off and after that he was raring to get to church each morning. It helped to have Ella-Ann bouncing off the walls to get him excited to go in the mornings! Ella-Ann was such a big help to me last week with the kids. She was a doll with Rane. She wanted to drop him off in his class in the mornings (he didn't want me to take him) and they had story time together after the opening assembly and she would take very good care of her little brother. One morning I peeked in from behind on them and saw that Rane was sitting in her lap! He eventually moved out of her lap and they sat beside each other holding hands. I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up! She was so great with him. Ella-Ann and Rane may argue at home and get in trouble together but when push comes to shove, Ella-Ann adores Rane and loves being his big sister. She watches out for him for sure!

Pierson was stellar in the nursery all week too. She slept through so much loud chaos all week! I was on the registration committee so after the first couple of days I had a lot of freedom to roam and chat with my friends, which I happily did! Ella-Ann loved visiting me in snacks and would cry if I was late or wasn't there. Whenever she would see me she would coming running and give me a huge hug...as if she hadn't seen me in days!

Once VBS was over on Friday I was exhausted. Spencer drove the kids halfway to meet his dad on Saturday afternoon when he got off work (what a man!). That night we had a huge, beautiful double rainbow right in front of our house. I have never seen a prettier rainbow. Ella-Ann is obsessed with rainbows and has just recently saw one for herself at my parent's house. She thought they were some sort of myth! I was sad that she was gone from our house for just a few hours and two appear out our front window! Figures!

The theme was Cosmic City so hence the blue, black and yellow. Ella-Ann is with with her class and singing along with the people up front. This was her favorite thing about VBS...singing!

Anna-Kate and Ella-Ann are two peas in a pod and were happy to spend the week together! They are exactly alike in every way you can imagine!

Before leaving the house one morning. In case you are wondering what the brown blob is it is Dora's head.

She spotted me right as I took this picture. Always happy to see me!

I was pretty far away for these two pictures so that is why they are fuzzy. Rane is in Ella-Ann's lap above....

and holding hands in this picture.

Rane absolutely loved his teacher, Mrs. Fortenberry. She was so good with the 2 and 3-year-olds all week. I don't see how she manged with 12 of them! Rane was usually in her lap for the opening and closing assemblies. One afternoon he wouldn't even get out of her lap to come to me!

A great sight to see at the end of our week!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I am so glad you guys were able to go out with only Pierson. :) I hope she was good for ya! The kids are adorable and I love the extra time with them. Rane has given me huge hugs all day today. He is having fun but I know he misses you. Ella-Ann, Carter, and Seth haven't stopped long enough to give hugs. :)
Love,
Mandy