Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Drama Queen

Of course Ella-Ann is our drama queen! She brings the drama wherever, whenever! The child is my clone, so she comes by it naturally! At least I know what it takes to handle her! She is our precious firstborn and has easily settled into being my little helper at all times and really enjoys it 95% of the time. Ella-Ann takes very good care of Rane and Ella-Ann. She often helps out Rane a little too much and it causes him to pull away from her and get angry because he is very much into the "I do it myself!!!" phase. At least there is Pierson to dote on! Ella-Ann holds her every day and often asks me if she can feed her a bottle.....of course I am all for that because it frees up my two hands to do something else! Some days she feeds Pierson all 4 of her bottles!

Ella-Ann has a very compassionate heart and a passionate spirit. She will stand her ground no matter what, even if she is blatantly wrong! ha! She has a problem with screaming her demands at Spencer and I with her hands on her hips so we are working on attitude adjustment everyday. She is a Mama's girl through and through and loves to spend every waking minute with me...so much so that I often trip over her feet! She has always been my little side kick and even though she often drives me crazy following me around and asking me a bazillion questions a day I know this season will one day be over and I will miss her desire to be near me. She loves to curl up in my lap, play with my hair, whisper in my ears and tell me how much she loves me. She is one sweet little girl!

Ella-Ann is really into pretend now days and I often find her wrapped up in her imaginary world with Rane. She sets the scene and Rane will happily play along...usually he is the dad of the family or the prince in the castle! They play well together now and I couldn't be happier. The do argue and battle over toys but, for the most part, they play and work really well together. Ella-Ann will pick up Rane and carry him around the house like a sack of potatoes! It's hilarious!

I can tell a big change in her personality since she has been in school for a year. She has learned to respect authority other than Spencer and I, meet all kinds of new people from all kinds of different backgrounds, make friends of all ages, ride a school bus all by herself and be perfectly fine without Spencer and I being around....yeay for independence! Recently a friend from school that she met on the bus has started calling my cell phone to talk to Ella-Ann. I about dropped the phone the first time Anya called because it was a little voice that I didn't recognize asking to speak with my little baby girl! I asked Ella-Ann how she got my number and Ella-Ann simply said, "I gave it to her!" Oh, okay. In fact, Anya called today to just chat! One time I asked to speak with Anya's mother because I wanted to introduce myself. I was curious about how old Anya was because she wasn't in Ella-Ann's Pre-K class so after hearing the little girl's mother tell me Anya was 7 I about died laughing!

Ella-Ann is learning to read and has recently learned how to tie her shoes. I'd say her favorite thing in the world is still her bobbie, a.k.a., her blanket that she has slept with since she was 6 months old. Her favorite books are anything to do with Dora or Pinkalicious. Ella-Ann's favorite thing to play would have to be house with Rane or anyone else that she is playing with at the moment. She loves to play mommy and have the other kids be either the daddy, children or the family pet! She always, always is the mommy of the pretend family, though, but that doesn't surprise me at all because mommy is always the boss!

No comments: