Monday, June 13, 2011

Happiest Baby Ever

That would be Pierson, the happiest baby God every made! It has been a while since I have talked about the kids so I will post about each of them over the next few days. I usually just write about what we are up to so I want to make sure I document the kids and their personalities so it will be in our blog book. First is Pierson! She is quite the doll of the family. She never, ever makes a peep and rarely cries. Really the only two things that she would cry about is sitting in a dirty diaper and getting too worked up after waking up in the middle of a nap and not being able to go back to sleep. She is a very content baby and easily goes with the flow. I guess she doesn't have a choice since she's the 3rd child! She smiles at the drop of a hat and her smiles are always huge! She kicks her legs and slaps her arms against her sides when she is super excited. She rolls over a little, but that's about it in the mobility department! She is no where near sitting unassisted and still has to be propped up with a blanket in the Bumbo seat. She doesn't have any teeth yet at 5 1/2 months of age but drools like crazy anyway. She is a spit up baby, but still nothing like Ella-Ann's projectile spit up that lasted until she was one!

Princess P (I have all kinds of nicknames for her) is also our biggest baby, even though she was the smallest at birth thanks to the two-vessel cord. She is already in 6 to 9-month clothing and has been growing out of all of her clothes very quickly. She is really long so Pierson may be our tallest kid! She has sweet chubby cheeks that you cannot help but want to kiss all the time. Her eyes are bright blue and much different than Ella-Ann and Rane's eyes. When I look at her I often think, you are not my child with those baby blues! Although as soon as I look at her pointy chin I see the resemblance to me. ha!

Pierson practically sleeps like a newborn. She is up at 7 a.m., sleeps 3 2-hour naps and is down for the night at 7 p.m. Her nighttime feedings ended around 4 months of age so she is an absolute champ in the sleeping department! I can definitely say that she is my best sleeper, and I have REALLY good sleeping babies/kids so you can imagine how good little P is! She has learned to sleep through lots of chaos and noise. In fact the morning we were leaving the house in Hilton Head I laid Pierson down in the living room while the rest of the family and kids were scurrying about the house getting the cars packed and when I went in the room to check on Pierson she was fast asleep amidst the madness! Pierson just rolls over onto her side and sucks her thumb for a few minutes and she is out like a light.

She found her feet a few days ago and is finally taking small toys and chewing on them. Usually she just wants to chew on her fingers.

Pierson adores Ella-Ann and Rane and lights up like crazy when she sees them, especially when they make eye contact with her. When I feed Pierson solids I put her in the Bumbo seat on the kitchen counter and it is hard to feed her because Ella-Ann and Rane are usually standing in chairs in front of her so she cannot stop smiling at them which means all of the food runs right back out of her mouth! I started baby food this week and it has gone over much better than the squash did in Hilton Head!

We all are in love with Pierson and she is a perfect fit in our family of 5!

No comments: