Tuesday, October 07, 2008

She Makes Me Laugh

Here is the background on this statement from Ella Ann: Ever since we had the stomach virus Ella Ann had the urge to use the potty very frequently. Spencer and I are ashamed to admit that we waited nearly 2 weeks to take her to the doctor because we thought it was an attention issue. Well it was not and after a week of medication she was fine and back to normal. She had started school when she was dealing with the frequent urination and her teachers kept telling me that they were having to take her to the bathroom 6-8 times each morning. Crazy! Just to make sure she's still not asking to go all the time at school I had asked her on Monday if she went to the potty at school today. Her response: "Yeah, but not like 20 times or anything." I laughed so hard I was in tears! She sounds just like me and so grown up with that response!

I also think that being around Carter and his wild imagination all week last week has helped Ella Ann dig into her own imagination. She loves to play with her big purple ball around the house often and this morning we were bouncing it around and she said we couldn't go in the living room because there was an alligator in there. Tonight we were playing with the ball again, I should say "golf" because that's what she calls it, and we had to go in the nursery because the alligators were coming. Well evidently they are a friendly family of gators because she invited them into the room and picked up the baby to put on the rocking horse and began rocking this imaginary creature. She then picked it up and pretended to swallow it and told me it was in her belly. As she said this she arched her back as far as she could and stuck out her belly. She knew that an "alligator" in her belly would make a big bump....just like her Mommy's. Awwww! It was really cute and I wish I had a picture!

She is also OBSESSED with prepackaged sliced cheese. She has hated it ever since she was 18 months old but I guess the stomach virus changed her taste buds because since then she wants it 24/7. When I drop her off at school EVERY week she must tell me 20 times in the car and at least 1 more time in the classroom bits of her lunch menu....."Mommy, I...I... will have orange cheese, brown crackers (Ritz), and candy corn (she only gets 2 if she eats all her lunch) when I get home from schooouuul." I wish you could hear her say "school." It's so country/southern! Anyway, my response is always, "Yes Ella Ann, you will have orange cheese, brown crackers, and candy corn when you get home from school. Immediately when I pick her up the FIRST words out of her mouth are, "Mommy!!!! I want orange cheese, brown crackers, and candy corn for lunch. PLEEEEEEESE???!!!" Her teachers must think she is OCD with her lunch! We also have to go through it at least 2-3 more times on the way home. If I gave this kid a 24-pack of slice cheese I swear she would eat the entire block in one sitting!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

She is too funny! I'm glad she is loving preschool! That is so funny about her food...I'm sure her teachers didn't know what to think! :)