Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloweeeeeeen!

This week we have tried to do fun Halloweenish activities, from coloring to candy and we will of course go trick-or-treating tonight so I will post pictures of that very soon. As I mentioned in my previous post, Ella Ann REALLY likes pumpkins and spotting them while driving in the car creates a reaction as if she has struck gold! The other day on the way to church, we passed a grocery store that had a massive display of orange and white pumpkins. Ella Ann screamed, "MOMMY!! LOOK AT ALL THOSE PUMPKINS AND ONIONS!!!" I thought I was going to have to pull over because I was laughing so hard!! She is one funny kid!

We carved our three pumpkins on Wednesday afternoon and put candles in them once it got dark. Ella Ann thought that was just too cool. She was Daddy's little helper while he carved them on the deck, but of course she stayed super clean....that's my girl! We have enjoyed some Halloween treats too, courtesy of Ella Ann's Halloween party at school on Wednesday. When I picked her up she was wearing a gigantic spider on her head! We were in charge of bringing the paper goods to the party and I let Ella Ann pick them out and she chose black ones with neon spiders all over it, so at least we kept with the theme!

Today she woke up and wanted to put on her costume, so it has been on since 8 a.m. and will remain on until bedtime I'm sure. Spencer has the morning off so we headed to the coffee shop and Ella Ann got to show off her costume. She asked at 7:30 this morning if we could go trick-or-treating now since it was dark outside....she has a long time to wait for her treats!

Yesterday I kept Mara Kate for a few hours which was fantastic for both Ella Ann and myself! The girls were SO cute together, as usual! :) We made puppets after they had lunch and they played with baby dolls for quite a long time so the girls were ready for their naps kind of early...fine by me! Mara Kate was so cute when she hopped on Ella Ann's cot that I had set up in the nursery and went right to sleep. I took some pictures of them as well.

Eating lunch in her spider hat when she got home from school!

As you can tell she was very excited about that hat!

Helping Daddy scoop out the seeds.

She requested one to be angry and two to be happy so she is supervising to make sure Daddy does exactly what she wants! By the way, Mandy, we have gotten some serious use out of the Halloween outfit! Thank you!!!!

The finished products!

They look even better lit up!


Ella Ann and Mara Kate eating their lunch together.

Feeding their babies.

The puppets they made. They named them both after themselves!

This is one of my favorite pictures of them now. How sweet are they? When we were sitting on the couch together Mara Kate looked at Ella Ann and said, "Ella Ann, you're the best friend I ever had." Awwwww! I hope they still think that about one another when they are 80.


2 comments:

Jana said...

Katie,

That last picture is SOOO cute. I need to get it printed and framed. :) I am SO glad you kept her yesterday and it is good to see pictures of the fun time she had with you and her best friend she ever had, Ella Ann!

Hope you have fun tonight---and hope the wait for candy today for Ella Ann doesn't kill her!

Mandy said...

What a great post! She looks so tall in her halloween outfit...I'm glad it fit and she likes it. She sure does look cute in it! Hope you all have fun tonight. Carter has talked about it all day...he can't wait for it to start getting dark. :)

Love,
Mandy