Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Little Bit of This & That

This week/weekend we have just been getting back to our normal activities and errands. Spencer was in Toccoa working all weekend so Ella Ann and I went to our church's Fall Festival/Rummage Sale on Saturday morning. I wasn't necessarily interested in the rummaging, but I did want to go because I knew a lot of our friends would be there and they were going to have a moon bounce. We were there for a couple of hours and the moon bounce entertained Ella Ann the entire time. When it was time for us to go home and eat some lunch I was trying to figure out a way to get her out of it without a major meltdown when I heard her crying over a busted lip. Well it obviously didn't take much effort to get her to want to go home! She had such a good time with some of her friends and in addition to the moon bounce, she got her hand painted and played with sidewalk chalk. While she was entertained I got to hang with my girlfriends.

Bouncing up a storm in the moon bounce with her buddies Gerrick and Diego.


She was so hot, sweaty, and tired that I knew a glorious nap awaited me that afternoon!

Being creative with Diego. He was very intensive with the chalk! :)



Katie painted her pink fish that she requested.

She did everything she could to prevent the fish from smearing all morning!

In other news, Spencer and I have recently started to put together 1000-piece puzzles. Both of us enjoy doing them and they remind me of my Granny who used to have a puzzle in progress every time I would go to her house when I was younger. It has been a nice time for Spencer and I to just sit and talk after Ella Ann goes to bed and work our brains! The first puzzle I bought was a picture of Cinderella's castle.....of course! Well this one was a doozy. The sky was very difficult so the puzzle took us a few weeks to complete, especially since we got sidetracked with the new fall lineup of our favorite shows! Now that we completed that puzzle we started a newer, unfortunately easier, one. Spencer hasn't shown much interest in it so I will work it while he is at the computer across from me working on a case so we still get to chat. Here are a couple of pictures of our castle. We were so proud of it that we didn't take it apart for 2 weeks!

See how hard the sky was? It was about 5 shades of blue!

I also wanted to share this picture of Ella Ann and her lunch. In my previous post I mentioned how obsessed she is with "orange cheese and brown crackers" and must eat it every single day for lunch. I failed to mention how funny it is to watch her eat it........

even though she requests 3 "brown crackers" with her one slice of cheese, she will tear the cheese into various sizes, stack them up by size all on ONE cracker and proceed to stuff it all in her mouth! She'll then finish the other two crackers with no cheese. The kid is weird!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puzzles eh? Congratulations on your senior citizen status.