Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

This weekend we stayed at home and celebrated Easter, which was nice. We went to our church's annual preschool egg hunt and that was a blast! It was right during Ella Ann's nap time, but was worth missing the nap because the three of us had so much fun, especially Ella Ann! All of her little friends were there and they all got out in the yard and hunted tons of eggs. Ella Ann got plenty of treats for Mommy and Daddy! :) The weather here was absolutely perfect for the day...75 degrees and sunny!

On Sunday we attended our church's Easter service, complete with an amazing orchestra! Ella Ann stood in her chair and danced and danced! She loved it, as did Spencer and I! I am cooking a big Easter dinner for us tonight, so I'm sure we'll be eating on that for the rest of the week since only 2 of us will eat it!

Here are some pictures and a video from our weekend.



Patiently waiting to hunt some eggs with Daddy.

Lined up and ready to run! They were all so cute!



Ella Ann and Mary Chris spotted one egg at the same time. Mary Chris was so sweet and gave it to Ella Ann!




Digging in the ivy.



Mara Kate and Ella Ann after the hunt.


Dumping all of the candy out into her basket or the yard!


The lemon meringue pie I made on Saturday. I had to take a picture of it because it was so pretty!

This morning we gave Ella Ann her basket from the Easter Bunny. She got some new Disney shades because she already lost her other ones and asked for them about 100 times a day!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

What a great weekend! Carter just watched that video 4 times. He loves watching her over the computer! Looks like she had so much fun hunting pinecones, oops, I mean eggs! :)

I'm so jealous of the pie...I've never made anything like that!

Love,
Mandy

Unknown said...

Thanks for updating your Blog. I look forward to reading it, especially when far away from home on Easter. There is something special about the simple pleasures of life - especialy family updates! The pie reminds me of my childhood - it looks great.

Love - Papa

Anonymous said...

Where's the beard? Now you'll just have a figurative one.