Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Cold, Cold (But Fun) Week

On Tuesday afternoon Ella Ann and I drove to Kentucky to stay with my parents for the rest of the week/weekend. Boy was it freezing cold there! I can honestly say that I didn't defrost until I hit the Georgia boarder today! Despite the Arctic temperatures and 6 inches of snow, we had a blast! Ella Ann was so excited to see her Mimi and Grandpa and was like white on rice to both of them the entire time I was there, which meant I got a very nice long break! She followed her Grandpa around the second he got home from work each night and would want to play with him and dance, of course! My Dad just loved all the attention and vice versa!

On Saturday we had plans to travel to Nashville because my parents were flying out to Miami on Sunday so I was going to stay with my good friend, Emily and her husband. We had a change of plans after it snowed like crazy Friday so while my parents left for Nashville early Saturday afternoon, Ella Ann and I stayed behind in Kentucky because the roads were just not that great. I was so lonely after they left and we were beyond bored! We painted, watched cartoons, read books (over and over again), ate dinner, and played with Dottie. It was quite a looooong day! We got up early Sunday morning and headed home. Spencer was in Toccoa all weekend so Ella Ann won't see him until Monday morning. It felt like we were gone for such a long time so we were glad to get home and see Spencer!


Breaking it down with Grandpa as soon as he hit the door Tuesday evening!


Talking a walk with Mimi.


Visiting our Aunt Bee across the street.



Playing Aunt Bee's organ. Very fun!



The wild turkeys that often visit my parents in the mornings!

My Dad and his favorite gal and favorite pet! My Mom made Ella Ann a cape with a dish towel and she thought that was just great!

Ella Ann hates the sun being in her eyes so this week we finally bought her a pair of sunglasses. To say she loves them is an understatement! She wore them all around the store with the tags on, the rest of the day, and to dinner at a restaurant that evening! She wore them the entire rest of our trip and didn't take them off on the way home to even nap or eat at McDonald's! She has permnant red marks on her face from them! In this picture she is posing, which Mimi taught her to do!

My Dad kept calling her Miss Hollywood and today we were shopping around here in town and she said to me (wearing the sunglasses, mind you), "I'm Hollywood!!!!"

It was so cold even Dottie was curled up by the heater all day!

This is the first time Ella Ann has ever seen real snow! It did flurry once this winter here, but it wasn't enough to get her to even notice it. I opened the door and asked her if she wanted to touch it and I got an immediate "NOO!"

Grandpa giving Ella Ann a lift to the kitchen! She kept saying, "I want to go on a trip with Mimi and Grandpa!" Don't worry, Ella Ann, Disney awaits!!!!!

When we were all alone and bored on Saturday, I dragged out all my old Beanie Babies and let Ella Ann rummage through them. I think she was expecting us to take them all home!

No comments: