Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Lazy Labor Day

This Labor Day was kinda boring, I have to say. Spencer worked for most of it and when he was here we just hung out and played. I got my hair chopped off on Friday and posted a couple of pictures below of my new doo so my Mom and Jana, who is in Kansas City, can see it. I do really like it, but it will take some getting used to. It's not this straight usually, but the stylist flat-ironed it and it looks much better when I wear it flipped up. Okay, enough about my hair! ha!

Much to my dismay, Spencer has taught Ella Ann what a football is and how to play with it. Spencer drug out a Nerf football this weekend and Ella Ann has yet to stop walking around with it and saying "football." She also throws it, catches it (not too often), and will "spike" it and say "touchdown!" No, I am not happy AT ALL! :)

This weekend the largest sci-fi convention was held downtown for 3 full days. Let me tell you of the sights we saw on our way to play in the park! I saw Snow White carrying around an apple, a man walking around with a huge albino boa around his neck, people spray painted head-to-toe in bronze holding shields and swords, ferries (very large ferries smoking cigarettes), men in kilts with helmets on, men wearing fur-trimmed knee-high boots, teeny tiny leather shorts and no shirt but with a cape mind you, and horns on their heads, and lots and lots of other crazies painted head-to-toe and carrying around fake (I hope) weapons! Spencer and I had to conceal our laughter many, many times as we walked to the park!!! This is one of the many reasons I love living downtown because I get to be entertained for free!! Once we got to the park, we went both Saturday and Sunday afternoon, we watched the dancing fountains at Centennial and then we walked down to the playgrounds. I haven't taken Ella Ann to a playground in a couple of months because the weather has been too unbearable. The last time we took her I had to follow her around so she wouldn't fall and hold her while she went down the slides. Well, this weekend she proved to be quite a little monkey! She did everything all by herself, including climbing the steps AND going down all the slides!! I swear, the kid would get on and get off that slide over and over and would probably stay there all day and night if we'd let her! On Saturday, I walked over with her to the new Coca-Cola and we played on their grounds (they have gigantic balls and games for the kids to play with so it's pretty fun).

I have now taken Ella Ann to a playground 4 days in a row and I think we have created a monster! Yesterday, the 3 of us went walking in a large park close to us that recently renovated their entire playground area and it opened this weekend. Once we got Ella Ann near the play area, there was no turning back! Spencer and I were completely blown away by the crazed child that appeared when we tried to take her off the bouncing firetruck so that another child could steer it!! Ella Ann has never entered into such a demon-like state before! People were starring at us as we dragged our enraged child to her stroller so we could promptly get to our car!!! Yes, we are hitting the terrible twos a little early it looks like!!!


Ella Ann's new Mommy!


Are you ready for some football?!?!????!!!!!

Spencer, the proud papa!


This is what was in front of me as I walked to the park on Saturday! In case you were wondering, it is a man!


Dancing along with the dancing fountains!



Ella Ann's ready to hit the slide as the grand finale ends.



The big girl playing with all the big kids!

"Look what I can do all by myself!"

So proud!

This is the biggest slide and Ella Ann had no fear! She still is scared to death of the swings, though! We'll just take her straight to the coasters and skip Dumbo when it's time to take her to Disney! :)

This is the grounds down at Coca-Cola. Ella Ann is SO hot, but is definitly NOT ready to go home!

A quick water break before we headed home. I had to bribe her with Goldfish to get her back in the stroller!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I LOVE your hair! It looks so good on you! Ella Ann is such a cutie...she has become quite the little independent girl. She'll be the one leading Carter around when we're in Hilton Head! :)
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

You didn't go to Piedmont Park? I heard that's where it was all going down on Labor Day. Kasey says your hair looks great.

Unknown said...

I love your hair. It is sooo cute. Love the pictures of Ella Ann especially the ones with the football. She sure loves the playground, doesn't she. She has no fear. Can't wait until vacation. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear: That WAS NOT me in the Storm Trooper helmet.